newbie here lol t maxx clasic problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zell66

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok bought used t maxx from a friend, got it running and decided that since it has not run in years to pretend it was new and break it in. Did that and all was well. Ran it yesterday and having fun until truck hit a metal post. spun 180 and took off like a shot. i had no control what so ever. truck stopped when it hit fence and engine started going higher and higher in pitch, ran up to it to shut it down but by the time i got there shut down on its own. took two hours to repair seen damage. Replaced the (black 72 tooth gear in between engine and transmission) and throttle servo (was old and slow) and removed glow plus to clean and check the piston still moved.

Everything checked out and put back together but engine will sputter then electric motor can't turn engine over. this is were i am stuck.

---------- Post added at 8:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:06 AM ----------

also forgot to mention after impact air cleaner fell off and then truck was a run away. Do not remember if i had steering control. but I know I had no throttle control.

Ran it yesterday and having fun until truck hit a metal post. spun 180 and took off like a shot. i had no control what so ever. truck stopped when it hit fence and engine started going higher and higher in pitch, ran up to it to shut it down but by the time i got there shut down on its own. took two hours to repair seen damage.

Cool man, welcome to my world! Something like that happens to me just about every time I run something. Yesterday the mail man brought me a head band mount for my Gopro so I'm going to get some of these "events" on film.
So getting back to you starter. You probably need to take the starter off the engine and see if it functions OK while it's off and go from there. If you have something binding up, you need to figure out if it's the starter or something else.

Last edited:
If it ran off with no filter after the wreck, I would pull the engine down & clean it out at minimum, there's no tellin how much dirt got down in there.

Can you turn it over by had after the ez starter gives up?

Back