Newb To The Nitro World

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red_Rattler

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright here goes nothing. I have a couple questions and yes I did search them first. :hehe: Just bought a new T-Maxx 2.5 and broke it in per instrutions and tuned it the best I could until I learn more and get a temp gun. But I have hardly any smoke down low and a nice lil stream at top end and shuts off with an idle up then off. Anyways when I'm running the truck sometimes it will kill for no real reason and coast to a stop. I then try to restart it and after about 4-8 seconds and sometimes longer with the ez start it'll fire again. Is this normal? Whats the cause? Also I would like to know about failsafes and throttle return springs. How to's, any pics of one on a T-Maxx 2.5? If I put a exhaust pipe extender on, will this keep the truck any cleaner? Speaking of cleaning, whats the best way to go about that? So far so good with the truck though, it is alot of fun and its def. a learning experience since this is my first nitro truck and first real rc in about 10 years :hehe: I'm only 25 btw... Thanks for any help, great site so far!

Sounds like she may be a bit lean on the low speed needle and rich on the high speed needle.

Get 'er tuned and you'll love it even more! Nothing like the smell an sound of nitro!

i have a revo down pipe on my maxx 3.3 an it stays 10 times cleaner!! i also have a ofna fail safe on it to an it works well I've not had any run aways yet but it does exactly what its supposed to..its just a $16 dollar investment that mite safe the 4-500 dollar truck!

Thanks for the replies guys. Any other input?

Tried tuning it to more in the lsn and less in the hsn and it didn't like that at all :hehe: But I have a new problem with the glow plug inginiter in the ez start. These things are touchy

lol it just takes time learnin

the glow plug igniters in ezy starts are a pain all together
get rid of it and buy a glow plug igniter... makes for much easier starting

i agree with solly...i finally got aggrivated with my ezstart an crap an got rid of it put a pull start on an bought me a hot shot ignitor...now i can start my faster an easier then my buddies an there ez starts!!

keep the ez-start unless you want sore fingers from a pull start and for sure while you are tuning it. I do like a glow plug igniter that has its own bat better but the easy start works fine for me. Just let it prime your fuel and by the time it gets to carb the plug is hot enough or it is on mine.