New X-maxx owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. A great time yesterday. Oh, I did have a front hinge pin pop out but thankfully found it and put it back in. I have the rpm replacements but figured I would wait until I needed them. One is on the front already from the previous broken arm. Tonight I'm going to go ahead and install them on the rest just so that doesn't happen again. Probably won't be fortunate enough to find the pin in grass again.

Bashed on Saturday and Sunday and didn't break anything. The pinion came loose again but that's it. I did loctite it with 242 but the grub screw still backed out. Any suggestions to stop this?

Did you let it set for at least 24 hours?

Yup. That's why I was surprised when it came loose. I could use a stronger loctite but don't want to not be able to get it off again.

Let the loctite set up overnight before installing the set screw. See if that helps.

Anybody got a preference or input on the proline HD pro arms for xmaxx? They look sick!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Just getting into RC but jumped in head first. I'll give you a bit of background.

One of my boys had an rc car on his Christmas list. He didn't have anything specific in mind. During my research, I found all kinds of fun toys that I didn't know existed. My background was only my first rc, a radio shack Golden Arrow when I was young, and a 1/16 Torro tank a couple years ago.

I ordered the two youngest some ~$100 brushed cars from amazon. They were a hit. The older boys had fun playing with them too so I decided to get them their own. One took the time to read the battery instructions and safety info on the first cars so I decided he was responsible enough for a better rc.

Pulled the trigger on an Arrma granite for him. I spent a little extra and got him Spektrum batteries and a basic g2 charger. He's responsible but didn't want to make it too complicated for his first experience. Ordered an X-maxx for my self. We ran the granite for the first time last weekend. I was very impressed with it. Only broke a bumper loop after some nasty cartwheels. Another granite is arriving tomorrow for the oldest.

My toy was delivered this week. We're going to run everything on Saturday. I also ordered a few extra parts to have on hand. So far I have a set of rpm arms, steel 50T spur and 18T pinion, and got some duratrax wheels and tires. I do have a few questions to ask.

After I ordered the rpm arms, I saw the Traxxas HD arms. Anyone have experience with both? Which is better? I don't plan on launching in skate parks so either would be fine, I'm sure. Just curious.

For gearing, the gear chart shows 18/50 as being a speed run setup only. I was hoping to use this for normal bashing. Would this cause issues? Seems like a fairly tame upgrade to me.

I plan on running stock on Saturday just to see how it performs. I have three sets of batteries so that should give me a good feel. Maybe I won't need more speed but nice to have the option waiting in the garage.

I'll post back with any damages incurred.
Congratulations ! Glad to see you and your kids are having fun. What do you plan to do with your X-MAXX ? Mine is being modded into a video filming platform. A serious pro video filming platform approaches $10,000 in price without camera and stabilization system. If you are into it, the TRAXXAS TRLEMETRY options are GREAT !

Back