New Traxxas S-Maxx 3.3- can't get it to start.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CStanford

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I haven't messed with any of the factory settings and I can't get it to start. I'm a newbie so dont be too hard on me if it is something stupid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of my problem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPuh70Uemo"]YouTube - New Traxxas S-Maxx Won't Start[/ame]

Last edited:
I talked to Traxxas support and the ignitor is heating up the glow plug. It does glow orange so I was thinking that might not be the problem.

I'd get a separate ignitor and a couple of new glow plugs. 1700+ nimh sub c's seem to work better than alkalines in ignitors. You can get a charger/ignitor combo for about $20.

Glowing orange will work for a well tuned, broken in engine, but a new one, running factory rich, needs a bright yellow glow. You'd be better off with a separate ignitor since you won't be draining the battery by running the glow plug and the starter motor at the same time.