New to forum... T maxx driveline??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matco912

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I bought a T maxx its an older Pro 15 version, the guy that had it done the FOC and also a single speed conversion, it also has an integy evo4 chassis thats for a 2.5 maxx on it with a megatech m-16 engine, it has upper and lower RPM a arms and shock towers, it still has the original drive line and I was wondering if it would be better to upgrade to a newer maxx driveline? is this even possible???? or just get all MIP driveline? I also would like to widen it up a bit.... if anyone has any input or links to parts I would greatly apperciate it!!! I am also wanting to put an os 18 engine on it, would that be a good upgrade or should i just keep the megatech?:D

Yes, updating te driveline is definitely a good idea, personally I would recommend a nice set of CVDs. The OS 18 will blow that Megatech away!, imo it is a far superior engine.

Run the heck out of it with the old engine while you upgrade the drivetrain....then decide what you want to put into it.
Just a thought...

the engine was brand new when I bought the the truck, so I will prolly run it while I'm going through the driveline but I'm deffinatley going with the os engine...I'm also going with a hump pack set up and doing away with the "AA" setup, I only paid 75 for the truck, 2 spare pro 15 engines a gallon of trinity monster fuel and all the electronics and glo ignitor and a crap load of spare parts and all the stock parts. so i figured it was a good buy. how hard would it be to widen it up?

here is the pics right after I bought it!
matco912