(New to Forum)Question about my T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle_b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all, I'm new to the hobby but loving it so far.I have a T-Maxx 3.3 that runs great but the only problem I'm having with it is...it seems to leak fuel out of the exhaust when I throttle it, not when it's at an idle. So I'm getting fuel sitting on my chassis and sometimes leaking on the ground, not major bad but, still thinking I should fix this problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated? Thanks!

its likely just unburnt oil. its normal

I'm running Byrons and it shoots out a LOT less "spew" than the O'Donnel that I used during breakin. I notice that it shoots a yellow "vomit" immediatly after I put it on it's wheels and floor it after it had just tipped over - the Byrons seems to not do this, but the engine only has about 3 quarts through it so far.

Could I switch to a different fuel without any problems? Did your chassis always have fuel on it or is this normal anyways? This T-Maxx is about 3-4 years old but runs great!

If its tuned properly then its unburned fuel.. my Revo Spits a bit of brown/yellow spew..
i thought the higher the oil content the more likely this will happen
i always after every run end up with a bit of a mess on my rear arms(Revo pipe at rear not side like the Maxx)

if it's running bit sluggish give it a retune with higher % nitro