New Tmaxx with issues, please help a newbie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxPower

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just broke in a new tmaxx 3.3 and everything worked well after a little carb tuning. Afterward I followed the manual and used wd40. The next day I tried running the truck again and it won't start. The motor turns over but wont fire. I noticed the glow plug light on my wand wont light up. Changed the plug out and still nothing. Everything looks ok as far as the starter and wire harness goes. Could the wand be bad? When I hook up my meter the wand is only putting out about .17 volts. If I hook up the meter directly to the battery pack its well over 7 volts. Does anyone have any idea what kind of power the wand should be putting out to warm the plug and crank the motor? I'm dying to run this truck so this is a little frustrating. Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
The plug heating circuit commonly fails on the wand. I'd think you should be getting a volt and a half to the plug, just because that's what a regular ignitor puts out. Between 1.2-1.4 anyways. You oughta pick up a separate ignitor and get rid of the blue and yellow wires to clean up the apperance. Should solve your problems.

Traxxas should get its act together. The glow output on the circuit boards have been failing from the time they started with them.
Complain and tell them you want a new one. If enough buyers did that then they would correct this 10 year old problem.

Fixed!!! Thanks for the tip.

make sure your battery is fully charged..