New 'Special Edition' Savage Three-Speed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okihost

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I did not see anyone else mention this in any other threads and I just saw it for the first time in RC Driver. Looks like it comes with some upgraded goodies (Similar to the SS) with a three speed also.

I was going to ask my wifey for a savage for xmas not sure what I want now a 4.6 or this badboy..

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

Sorry I found an older thread looks like its been out there for a while

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32915&highlight=savage+limited+edition

That's a nice setup. It's very very similar to the 4.6. The only differences I can see are that it comes with the 3-speed as standard equip and has different wheels. Everything else looks the same. Except the engine. Oh, and the SE is RTR. So I guess it comes down to a few questions. Do you want the .28 or the .25? And do you need a radio or do you already have radio equipment to use? All else is equal.

Well I am going to have radio gear and never did a 'kit' before where I build everything so maybe I will go that route. I did not check into it but I am guessing the three speed would work for both engines probably?

It is basically just going to be for bashing and thats about it and I would like to see what a three speed can do.

yes the 3 speed will work with any engine ..& is availible seperate for around $70

if you have an interest in building it you really should ...

I would suggest the 4.6 for many reasons. The .28 is a huge improvement over the S-25 I think, and you get to build it. To me thats half the fun, but its important cuase it will teach you all aobut the truck so it will be easier for you to fix things in the future.

I would get the 4.6 kit. A powerful motor pretty much eliminates the need for a 3-speed anyway.

get the 4.6 like ross said, this motor doesn't really need the 3 speed... but you can stilll get it down the line if you want..... and buildings fun.... and you can get a nice radio instead of AM crap ......... and other reasons,..... but i think everyone here is agrrreeeeed..... get the 4.6

.25 = 2.5hp
.28(4.6)= 2.9

Not sure who thinks that .4hp is a BIG difference, but its not that much.
Drove both savage 25 & 4.6(.28) after i ordered my Savage limited....after i received it i sold it without opening the box...didnt care for either one.

Not a Savage fan,unless you loose the powerplant , put a .46(7.7cc) 5hp in it..but theres too much other things about the truck i'd have to change...so i just scraped the whole idea of running a Savage altogether.

Scott

I hate to tell you, but .4 hp in a 10lb or 12lb truck is a big deal. Plus the reliability of the .28 is going to be better because you don't have to push it as hard as the .25

have to agree with every. get the 4.6 kit. building it and learning how the truck works is half the fun and will help u down the road when u want to improve it. Both trucks are solid and easily hold up to any bashing.

also, there a re few site dedicated to just the savage truck. if u are interested in them, let me know and i'll PM u a list of good sites.

There is a huge difference between the S-25 and the K4.6. The K4.6 has much more low-end torque which lets you run steeper gearing. You will get much better acceleration and more top-end. The K4.6 is actually a pretty good motor.

Thanks guys I am going to go with the 4.6 for sure, I was going to grab a Revo but never having owned a HPI product before I wanted to give it a shot so a 4.6 it is! That is unless something else better comes out before then but I doubt it.