New shell for my helion conquest XLR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theraggyone

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Spent the last week prepping and painting a new proline bodyshell for my Helion conquest XLR as i wanted the more traditional looking truck than the shell that came with it. I havent painted anything model wise in about 15 years and I've only painted one rc car before and that was a one colour job.

Made a few mistakes that i will learn from mostly relating to liquid mask before i opted to switch to the more familiar tape .unfortunatly these left a few unsightly scratches right where the chrome flames are but overall I'm pleased with how its come out. I even christened it this afternoon and put an authentic crease in the tailgate the trucks pretty lairy with its new 2s lipo?
20180726_225113.jpg
20180726_225230.jpg
20180726_225350.jpg
20180728_094124.jpg
20180728_094035.jpg
20180728_093936.jpg

Last edited:
The top is core rc black then i used tamiya translucent purple ( about 7 coats) and backed that with core rc chrome . Then i backed that with the black again. The purple came out exactly how i wanted it? like a deep midnight purple ,flipping between purple and almost black. The windows are tinted with sticky backed black stain glass window film so are the headlights and the rearlights are coloured with red sharpie. Also the Chevrolet badge is tamiya acyrlic blue brush paint.

The top is core rc black then i used tamiya translucent purple ( about 7 coats) and backed that with core rc chrome . Then i backed that with the black again. The purple came out exactly how i wanted it? like a deep midnight purple ,flipping between purple and almost black
I thought I seen purple, but couldn't tell if it was shadows or me being a bit color blind. Looks mostly black to me with a touch of purple.

I like it man!

I thought I seen purple, but couldn't tell if it was shadows or me being a bit color blind. Looks mostly black to me with a touch of purple.

I like it man!

Thanks?
Purple shows up a bit more here. It depends how the light catches it

20180728_093822.jpg

Decided my truck needed a big ass engine block ?
IMG_20180802_201817.jpg

Back