new rods and rod ends

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson136

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bent one of my rods and wanted to know of a good replacement and also should I replace the ends and if so is metal or plastic better:\?

If you decide to get new ones, Lunsford titanium rods are the best out there.

I've had good luck with the traxxas red anodized hollow ones. they are super light to!

Traxxas claims there red rods are 5 times stronger than titanium or something like that.I have never broke or bent a red one from Traxxas yet.(KNOCKING ON WOOD NOW)

Traxxas claims there red rods are 5 times stronger than titanium or something like that.I have never broke or bent a red one from Traxxas yet.(KNOCKING ON WOOD NOW)

thanks I'm going red!! should I use my stock ball caps?

i broke a pushrod in the front. nose down landing from about 12 ft up snapped right at the end of the threads. but thats it, no other issues.

not to sound racist but I'm gonna do a black theme revo since they now have the black hollow pushrods

dang, i need the black ones.. everything else on my revo is black.. lol

I would go with metal ends, but that's just me. I have noticed that sometimes there is a little bit of play in the A-arms before the shocks actually start to work. The play is due to the plastics ends slowly elongating and letting the ball ends to move. you can test my theory by moving your ends and watching the plastic ends you will see the play.

Leave them plastic, cheap and easy to fix. i never had any trouble with the stock plastic ones. You put an al. end on it and it's going to bend/break something else more costly.

Back