New RC purchase issue...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacRacing

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My wife wants an RC. We got my daughter a 2wd Stampede last year and she is just now getting into driving it. Now my wife wants one.
She was looking at the slash, stampede, and the rustler.
I told her I would go 4x4.
The brushed 4x4s are hard to find.
I think I am going to upgrade her to vxl, but all of the traxxas vehicles are hard to find right now.
So what she wants I think is the Rustler 4x4 VXL in the Blue/Red body.
I am just trying to figure out the best place to buy. Nobody sells traxxas online anymore apparently.
Do you guys know a place where I can score one for 399 with free shipping (hopefully) and no tax to NC?
Good grief. Everything we try to get now-a-days is hard to get a hold of.

I found that they were in stock before I posted the question, but it showed tax.
After your suggestion, I said screw it.. i have to pay tax.
I bought it... and in the cart... No Tax.
Nice.
Thanks Tunedpipe for pushing me to go ahead and buy it from them!!

Thats cool. Wish I could get my wife into the hobby.

No getting around the tax anymore. My wife is into it as much as I am. I built her crawler and she bashes a Stampede...

My wife wants an RC. We got my daughter a 2wd Stampede last year and she is just now getting into driving it. Now my wife wants one.
She was looking at the slash, stampede, and the rustler.
I told her I would go 4x4.
The brushed 4x4s are hard to find.
I think I am going to upgrade her to vxl, but all of the traxxas vehicles are hard to find right now.
So what she wants I think is the Rustler 4x4 VXL in the Blue/Red body.
I am just trying to figure out the best place to buy. Nobody sells traxxas online anymore apparently.
Do you guys know a place where I can score one for 399 with free shipping (hopefully) and no tax to NC?
Good grief. Everything we try to get now-a-days is hard to get a hold of.
I'd go for brushless instead of brushed, brushless lasts longer and is more powerful. also for $399 you could get a Tekno SCT410.3 which is wayyyy more durable then the slash 4x4.

Get a slash 4x4 and call it a day won't have to worry about much they are very durable and easy to handle.

Back