New R/C club in Oakland, CA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcstoufer

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking to get a club started in the area. There are a few hobby shops now open in Oakland/Berkeley to support. If you are in the area, come out of hiding and let's start bashing!

If we can get enough interest, I am ready to start working with the city to get a permanent running location for ROAR races and other open running.

Please contact me and I'll put you on our email list (No spam, I guarantee) to keep you current on upcoming activities.

I'm currently into running Nitro catamaran boats (Lap cat) and looking to re-invest in some four wheel goodies in the near future.

Welcome to RCNT mcstoufer. I'm about 45 minutes from Oakland but if you get a big enough group going I'd be willing to drive out and bash/race.

What types of cars do you plan on running? On-road, off-road, what scale? Do you have any locations that you plan on building a track at? Have you checked out Norcal and Delta for ideas?

I have been to both sites and I'm quite impressed with the work they put into them.

The current pipe dream is to run 1/10th and 1/8th dirt oval and off-road if we can find enough room. I'm currently looking at some EBMUD land across the highway from the Oakland Colosseum. There is also massive wasteland belonging to Emeryville and Southern Pacific below and around the 80/580/980 "maze" in Emeryville.

All other suitable locations are too close to residential. I am in the process of rooting out other R/C'ers in the area and find out where they secret run spots are as well.

If you are willing to pass along your email address (via side channel), I can keep you updated on the current state of efforts here.

Lots of on-road activity in the North Bay but no off road.
I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.
You can always contact me here with updates.

Jake up in Rohnert park still does his onroad stuff, and I haven't heard if the GroundPounders are still active in Healdsburg. I'm suprised someone hasn't taken over an old pasture out by the Two Rock Training Station and setup a balls-out track.

Ah, those were the days. Driving my Big Bear MT over those squirly RC10s flipping over in front of me.

I've just put up the first version of the website for the club. We also have a new GoogleGroups forum linked from the site as well.

http://www.speakeasy.net/~mcstoufer/oaklandrc

I'm in the process of culling together all the local hobby shops and linking in their websites. If anyone knows of local R/C manufacturers, pass their URLs along and I'll post them in as well.

All I get is just a 1 page site.
Is this all you have done so far, or is it not functioning properly?

All I get is just a 1 page site.
Is this all you have done so far, or is it not functioning properly?

If your browser only displays a listing of "frameset documents", your browser does not support frame html scripting. I tested the URL myself and it works.

You should still be able to navigate via the [Menu options] link. Although it won't be pretty.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

The menus don't work in FF nor do they even show up in IE7.
In FF I click on a menu option and music plays and the menu gets some kind of map with birds flying.

I haven't tried it on my Mac yet.

The menus don't work in FF nor do they even show up in IE7.
In FF I click on a menu option and music plays and the menu gets some kind of map with birds flying.

I haven't tried it on my Mac yet.

That's not even close to whats on the site. Are you sure you aren't getting some other site?

Here is what I get where your menu should be.
I see you have Marin RC on your site. Whats up with the track?

Attachments

• orc.jpg
    orc.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 111
Those darn 'target' tags. You go to a new window now for the oaklandish link.

As for Marin RC, the last I heard is that they are still struggling with "annoyed" residents complaining about the noise and pollution. This is all a bunch of B/S as their day runs are almost masked over by the amount of traffic on the street in front.

This is Marin, and a lot of retired people have nothing better to do but complain. I'll swing by this weekend to see whats up and report back.

Dont go on a Sunday. All youll get is Mr. Dreadlocks going "Puff Puff" If he shows up.

Seriously. Thats how most of Emeryville/Oakland/SF area is. I can't stand it.

Anyway, I think I could make an appearance if you get something put together. I'm about 50 Mins away. As long as I don't have to cross that traffic jam of a bay bridge, I'm good to go. :LoL:

Back