New pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK so i went through a Traxxas pullstart today and was wondering if there is a better one that i can buy , better quality or something , what do you guys use on your revo's ? They dont seem to hold up very long , i have 2 more spare used ones but they dont look like they are doing to well . I need to change brands.

i use the roto start system it works great you can always go to a bumpbox if you want to spend that much

i usualy use the rotostart but my rotostart is dead , so i went to put the pullstart back on and busted the second day , i find it handy not having to hawl around the extra battery and roto wand , thats why i want to find a better quality pullstart, i had thought about a starter box but it comes outto a lot of money and more to bring with me , and more batteries that i dont have either .

yeah i know thats the only bad thing the ez-start is the same way i really like the way losi did the spin start its a much more compact deal but the pullstart i think only traxxas makes them for their engines. i dotn really think you can get a different pullstarter for a traxxas engine usually there isnt much of an aftermarket on pullstarters

well i got a picco . 26 engine not the traxxas one , so maybe they make one for that one , but i'm not sure ,

i still dont believe there is much except what the manufacturer provides

so does anybody else use a pullstart or am i the only one in here ?

The pullstarter on a Picco .26 Max will fit a TRX 3.3 without any mods.

The one on my engine is the original one. I've broken in two engines using it, to include hydrolocking one of them :whistle: It hasn't broken yet. The string looks kinda thin but that just means they can fit more in the housing. It's about 16" long.

I meant i have a picco .26 engine now , not the pullstarter , so picco makes one then ? i will have to look in to that . Do you have a part number ?