new owner with a brake question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffr3247r

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just picked up 4.6 savage and coming from a Tmaxx this is a tad different.
My question is about the brakes. Are the supposed to be applied when you are off the throttle? They release when I apply the throttle. If this is correct then the savage will not coast when off the throttle like my Tmaxx. Do I have a problem?

You dont want the brake to come on when you let off the throttle only when you push back on the trigger.When you let off the gas on your real car the brakes dont come on do they?:hehe: Ethier adj your trim or linkage so when its idling that there barley making contact if its new you sould just have to set your trim up a little.

Last edited:
Haha. I know that they don't in a real car. They don't on my Tmaxx. I asked because I bought two used savages and both have the brakes applied when off the throttle. So both trucks have a problem. Strange. Splain that one. Lol

Everyone sets there stuff up different its all how you would like it its just not good having them come on just getting off the gas or your gona wear them out quick.

yep you just have to adjust them so they dont. the trim on your radio is one way, adjusting the linkage is the other.

Got it all sorted out. I was trying to roll the truck with the radio and receiver off and it just so happened that the servo came to rest with the brake applied. Turn on both and servo centered and all was good. Was a late night wrenching and my mind was foggy.

Bashed the snot out of them today with my brother and these are solid. My Tmaxx would have been destroyed. I did manage to do my first three backflips. Landing and all.

Only blew out one shock. Let the upgrades begin.lol

if you bashed them worse than the maxx and only broke one shock, why would you upgrade?