New owner, must haves?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADNBADN

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Have a savage on the way, whats the must have or needed hop ups?
The trucks just a roller i got in a trade for my Mammoth roller. SS 25

a upgraded air filter
a tuned exhaust
a servo saver
and there are lots more it just depends what u want it to look like and how much £

If you search the site and also go to the tips and review sections you will find several low cost and no cost mods that should be done to the savage. Difs and linkage should be the first.

Rechargeable batteries and a good charger should be on your list as well.

high torque servos..(if you get high torque servos you dont need dual disk brakes.. mine will endo at speed with single factory brake) fail safe.. 6v hump pack.. 4 spider diff... steering mod.. reverse..( i have it and i love it but i bash.. if you race then no need..) good peak charger.. better foams..(i use traxxas racing foams.. world of difference) temp gun..

For hop-ups like arms, shocktowers, etc.... Do you recommend aluminum or the RPM plastic?

If aluminum, where the best place to get the stuff?

aluminum if you have the money, but the plastic will normaly last. depends i get my stuff of ebay but i live in the uk.
Every thing depends on how hard you use it :)

Imo the first thing you should ever get is a failsafe, One runaway that ends in disaster will help you agree with me lmao!

rpm does not make parts for the savage. personally, i would stay away from alum arms. speaking from experience, no matter what brand u get they will bend and ultimately need to be replaced. once that happens u have nothing more than an expensive paperweight. stick with the stock plastic arms. they are insanely strong. why else would RPM NOT make arms for the savage.

first thing u should get is a FAILSAFE. hit the for sale sections or ebay for an ofna micro or venon failsafe. both work great, but the ofna is small and should fit in the radio box.

aside from the diff, throttle mod, and cam servo saver install

The stock savage arms are bullet proof. no need ofr an upgrade there.

1st: Spider diff. mod: In the middle of a race, it sucks when u only have fw drive
2nd:Motorsaver Air Filter: Cheap insurance
3rd: 6volt hump pack/5 cell: more power to the servos= more torque, quicker
4th:better Steering Servo/ maybe 645mg hitec: this is decent for torque, cheap
5th: Dual Disk Brake kit from hpi: stock brakes suck, these are overkill
6th: shave c-hubs for better steering

If u plan on racing, then come talk to me, i am a pretty diehard racer and believe the savage can race, i actually win most of my races, lost 1 time to a pro driver tho, but i beat him the 1st time. Goodluck

I see you on the mammoth forum mxboy100, I just traded my mammoth roller for the savage.

Kool BADNBADN, welcome to the Savage World. Do u plan on racing or bashin??? If u bash, u will love this thing, if you race it, u will luv to see the competitions faces after u beat them. LOL, Jk, either way, its all good.

I am only a basher, I hope this truck is tougher than my mammoth. Not to bash the mammoth though, i really liked the truck just wanted something to wheelie.

Is the twin zilla worth the money for the kit or could I build it myself cheaper?

I would say just get a wasp or something. The collari is awesome (you need to be good at tuning) and the sirio .30 should have morepower (3.7hp). Trying to keep two engines running at the same time has to be hard. I don't know if the kit is worth the money, but you probably couldn't make it cheaper.

I need some parts if you have any extras send me a PM.
I have PAYAL.

This is what I need.
motor mount for big block (XTM 24.7)
Fuel tank
Front box
shocks (8)
Body mounts
Thanks