New Maxx Steering servo issue.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, i got a friend who just purchased a new 3.3 max. Problem is is that it keeps eating up steering servo gears inside. They are the digital servos and have not had a good look at it yet but just quick i couldnt notice anything binding or anything. Got any suggestions on what to check for? Thanks

I had the same problem with expensive servos, my problem was the servo savor was binding and just running the truck would put enough pressure on the servo and would strip it, check to make sure that it truly is not binding ( steering knuckles,steering saver and steering linkage) I would also check to see if the steering end points are set correctly and does not put added stress when turned lock to lock.

How could the saver bind up, cause thats what i was thinking it had something to do with that.

When I looked at it I found the two halfs were mushroomed and they would bind, I replaced the steering with a aluminum steering assembly and installed a saver on the the servo it self and I have had no problem since. Also like I said before, if the end points are set to far it will lock on the end of the knuckles travel but the servo will still be applying force to try to move beyond the lock point, so check the end points to make sure the servo stops before the lock point of the knuckles.

Great!! I know exactly what ur talking about and will check it out. Thanks a bunch,, Hope ur right..

Back