New Max8 160a 2250kv Sensored on 4s to Kraton 6s ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Hello

Time to change combo in my Kraton 1/8 EXB
i want 4s , to avoid diff problems all time. also lighter battery weight.
I have many 4s lipos also from my 8s rigs i can share with this rig also.

Will the new MAX8 160a on 4s with new sensored 2250kv be any good to this truck ?
What Pinion for bashing ?

I have now Max6 kombo 6s
and diffs dont like this
Specially with little bit more heavy aftermarket monsterwheels

i also have a Mojave EXB roller now that needs combo, these i know from before handle MAX6 kombos well
because they have smaller wheels. Not so much stress to diffs.
So i will install the MAX6 from kraton exb to my Mojave EXB roller.

Need a new combo that works fine in Kraton EXB now.

I believe the new 2022 Max8 2250kv on 4s will be decent and issue free in Kratons ?

Anyone drive this combo in 1/8 Kraton on 4s ?

EZRUN COMBO MAX8 G2 SD - 4278SD 2250KV 1/8​

I believe sensored is good also to avoid diff stress (gogging)

This combo runs 25% cooler than the old MAX8 ?
also more amps 160.

maybe 17t pinion?

Could just go with the max6 you have and get a 4074 1800-2100kv motor. I ran my outcast for quite a while with a max6 and the old blx4074/2050kv motor. I was on 6S at the time, but that esc will run on 4S as well.

Or you could just dial the punch down on your max6.

I run a max6/4985-1650kv on 6S in my kraton exb currently, not a lot of diff issues so far, but I do have the punch at around 50% I think with 20T pinion.
I run a max6/4092-1650kv on 6S in my outcast currently, it has the old style diffs with arrma 2 piece alloy cups and I rarely have diff issues with it either, 19T pinion in that. Pretty sure I'm using similar punch on it, not maximum on either truck.

Could just go with the max6 you have and get a 4074 1800-2100kv motor. I ran my outcast for quite a while with a max6 and the old blx4074/2050kv motor. I was on 6S at the time, but that esc will run on 4S as well.

Or you could just dial the punch down on your max6.

I run a max6/4985-1650kv on 6S in my kraton exb currently, not a lot of diff issues so far, but I do have the punch at around 50% I think with 20T pinion.
I run a max6/4092-1650kv on 6S in my outcast currently, it has the old style diffs with arrma 2 piece alloy cups and I rarely have diff issues with it either, 19T pinion in that. Pretty sure I'm using similar punch on it, not maximum on either truck.

i have always max punch, pretty stupid . this is why i have destroyed my diffs and also many tires for no good reason, only stupidness

Better have max 75% i believe. Saves tires also

I will try with punch 4 of 5, i have 5 of 5 now :(

Thank you

Back