New Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckle Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I went ahead and bought a set of Ti Turnbuckles and DuBro ends. It took me about 4 hours to get the ends screwed in on all four turnbuckles. I took my time and some of the ends are still a little crooked. Is this ok? Since I used the DuBro turnbuckles the stock screws don't quite fit, there is too much play in the ball so I used the hex head screws and locknuts that came with the DuBro stuff. The only thing I can't figure out is that in the DuBro ends come with a funny looking brass ring that is about an 8th of an inch or smaller. What is this and do I need to use it? Also in my being a newbie I forgot how the stock buckles went back on the front? I have them installed under the nuckle and over the steering block. Also the Dubro screws and locknut fit fine on the nuckle, but on the steering block I got the screws in but not the locknuts they would not fit. Should I have used the stock stuff and if so is it too late? I thought this would be an pretty easy mod and it started out that way but has not ended up that way. Did I mess something up pretty bad? The wheels are way out alignment now.. big time. Thanks

Tom

OK did you get DUBRO turnbuckles? Yous say you got the lunsford but mention they are dubro turnbuckles. Regardless, An easy way to get them to go in a little easier is to add some grease to the threadingof the turnbuckles or the ball cups.

Oh yes can you snap a few pics of the dubro ends?

jon2 said:
OK did you get DUBRO turnbuckles? Yous say you got the lunsford but mention they are dubro turnbuckles. Regardless, An easy way to get them to go in a little easier is to add some grease to the threadingof the turnbuckles or the ball cups.

Oh yes can you snap a few pics of the dubro ends?

Sorry, for any confusion. Sometimes I type faster than my brain thinks. I did purchase Dubro Ends and the turnbuckles are are lunsford. I am currently in Boston on business so I won't be able to post any pics yet, but I can try when I get back. The Dubro ends already have a brass piece in it and it comes with a brass looking collet? I am not sure if I am calling it the right name. I am having all sorts of problems with this so far. I have the ends on the turnbuckles already and have them I think installed correctly, But the only thing holding them on the steering block is two screws screwed all the way down without a locknut on them.

I can try and post pics. I only have a dial up connection at home so it may not work. Thanks again for all of your help.

Tom

Hey Jon,

I went and looked up the correct term for Dubro ends. What I have is the Dubro ball links. Sorry I am still learning all the terms. Lucky for me I have the new RC Action 2005 Buyers guide! Thanks

Tom

I had a really hard time putting ball links on so just took a small drill bit and drilled the hole just a tad bigger. and they were still a pain but I then put some grease on them and I was able to thread them on easier.

You guys probably already know this, but just in case you don't here goes.....

The turnbuckle ends have right hand thread on one end and left hand thread on the other....so when you are screwing the ends on...make sure you are going with the thread.

Godale, as far as the reinstall, you are correct; On top of the steering link, on bottom of the knuckle (axle carrier).

Mr T

Did you get the 1/8 scale linkage upgrade? I found that the ends that come with that kit work fine.

Mr. T,

Now as far as the bolts, do I use the stock ones or do I use the ones that came with the ends? The bolts fit ok, but the locknut that is supposed to go on the bolt when installed won't let the truck turn the wheels without binding up. So I am a little concerned how this is all going to work. The bolts work fine on the knuckle, just not the sterring arm. Also the Dubro ball links came with some little brass ring and I have no idea what to do with those.

21Rc10GT,

I got the 1/8 scale turnbuckles but not the kit so I had to buy the Dubro ball links. If I had of known the kit existed at the time I would have gone with it. I ended up buying the Ti Turnbuckles and hing pins seperately.

Thanks

Guys

I had the same problem, every time I tightened the little bolt it would bind I ended up useing thread lock on my bolts

Back