new lid for the maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrferly2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just finished cutting and painting a new body for my maxx. Before, I have always cut the entire windshield out not worrying about the body crushing because I had the rc solutions cage. After buy a new engine I decided to remove the cage for performance reasons. I've read that removing the entire windshield leads to crushed bodies so with my new lid I only cut a big hole. Does a hole this size give good enough airflow to the engine or am I better off taking the whole thing out?

Attachments

• IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 101
i would cut a bit more out twards the driver side and make it more of an oval shape,and yes the more you remove the weaker it gets

Should I make it more of an oval or just put another identical hole on the driver side?

if u just made more of an oval it would concentrate the airflow better to the engine, in my opinion

run it and check your temps, if your tune is on, you should not have to cut out more of your windshield !

I've never seen a bucket mouth with wheels,lol... have you seen the hardwater yet this year mn monster?

Back