New Chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm thinking about buying a new chassis for my maxx I'm wanting to go with a big block chassis. I found a ue thunder chassis but what are some other good ones i should consider.

Check out SnookMan racing...:hehe: i hear he makes good stuff but never keeps any in stock..

I'm really wanting to go bigger than a .21 tho i was wanting to go with a lrp .28 or picco .28

You can still put a .28 on the chassis. BB foot print is the same no matter the size, i believe. I put a .32 on my FLM .21 chassis. The BB chassis is extended in the rear to allow for the size of a BB.

If you can afford the Thunder chassis look no farther, it’s the best there is (just be sure to get the braces and engine mount).
If you can’t afford the Thunder, you probably shouldn’t be thinking about building a BB Maxx anyway. The Chassis is the cheap part compared to the rest of the upgrades you will need in the long run.

I'm planning to build the chassis and a transmission with all rrp gears in it overtime. My maxx already has cvds and i have 2 brushless diffs right now i just havnt put them in the truck I'm not really wanting to until i put some power in it. I'm planning to do it right it just may take me a while to get it done. Ill just run my current 4910 chassis and tranny until i finish the chassis
Thanks for the replies guys

---------- Post added at 9:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 AM ----------

i found the thunder chassis with the braces it doesn't have motor mounts but they can be had from unlimited

yall think this is a good deal for 100

KGrHqYOKo8FGKH2k0sBRq9iJhWYw60_57_zpsb613a070.jpg

KGrHqNHJEQFGRnJbcikBRq9iYMGNw60_57_zpsd987a17e.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

i dont really like that chip in the fram or where it looks like the rear clip mount was maybe drilled at one point

The Thunder chassis is nice. The only reason I went with the RD Logics is because UE seems to be disco so many parts. I have went to there site recently seems as though better then half there stuff is not currently available. The BB truck I am building now, is the third one I have in the collection. As long as you go with quality parts I do not think you will have that many problems. My other two BB are all RRP gear from the diff do the transmissions. I went the brushless diff direction on this build but still went with the RRP geared transmission. I will maybe one day be able to get a supermaxx chassis but currently can not see paying what they are selling for used on ebay same way as the powerstroke proline shocks it crazy what they go for even in used condition.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

If you can get that chassis for $100 I would buy it. I have never seen one of the thunder chassis go that cheap.

I'm leaning more towards the rd just for the price. This will be my first big block maxx build i put a picco .26 in my revo but i mean thats easy to do all you need is the mount. and thats really about it and upgrade driveline as it breaks. But I'm selling my collection besides my t maxx and my buggy. so I'm gonna go all out on my maxx lol

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

If i can get it for that price i will

A bare bones thunder chassis is worth about $100 seen them go a bit cheaper. If dedicated to the thunder,
Make sure you buy the with the throttle servo mounts. They are impossible to find.searched for Months until I finally got
A forum member to make Me mine

well as hulk said and after looking at the unlimited site i think I'm gonna go with somethin other than the thunder bc of parts availability

There is a guy selling this chassis. He's asking $200 shipped. It comes
With centre skid, servo mounts, engine mount and a HDD roll bar(hard to find and expensive)

Everything else that's needed to make
The chassis work, UE has in stock. My sEcond
Pick would be a FLM hyper/ice chassis.

B0002914-13FB-41A8-BBEB-7B5747B0C5F4-2786-0000037E27A4D979.jpg

That is one heck of a buy. I wish UE would put some parts back into production.

Back