New Battery box mod!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So, I was taking out my batteries that control the servos.
I noticed that one of the wires were pinched!:dumb: I also noticed that they were unreasonably long. So I cut them down to size, then took a piece of heat shrink tubing and reinforced the wires! Now, they lock into the notch and the remaining wire fits perfectly! Check it out.

Attachments

• battery box mod 1.jpg
    battery box mod 1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 177
Now with them in place.

Attachments

• battery box mod 2.jpg
    battery box mod 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 132
Looks good, might have to do that to mine

Originally posted by El Pirata
OK, enlighten the knuckle dragger here, what's the mod and what does it do?

The mod is desoldering the battery wires from the on and off switch and shortening them, then I put the piece of black heat shrink over both and shrunk and made a curve so it locks into the notch. What it does is prevents you from pinching the wires when reinstalling the battery pack and screwing it down.

Well it looks like it works:cheers:

Originally posted by M@xximillion
The mod is desoldering the battery wires from the on and off switch and shortening them
Why when you canjust get a pair of dykes and cut them then and them use a ton of electrical and tape it in place. Plus the added bonus for using tape instead of soldering it leave a ton of things to go wrong in the future.

Back