new axail 1s engine break in problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi,
i have just installed the new axai 1s engine in my savage. i had to change the direction of the carb form the original settings. i also had to change the fuel inlet( just where the fuel pipe is fixed to the carb). This this settings were done before the i started the engine.
When i started with the engine break in process, i richened the hsn but could not find and drop in rpm and also in the temp.
seems like there is no effect on the engine if i richen it up.
What could be the problem?????
please suggest.

Pull the carb off. Fill up a sink with water.
Attach a long piece of clean fuel line to the inlet.
Plug the intake and carb neck with your fingers.
Dunk it in the water and blow into the fuel line.
If you see bubbles there is your air leak.
The LSN is what you would need to adjust to bring the idle speed & temps down.
The HSN has little to no effect until you get past 1/4 throttle.

thanks scrogg. will check..

Let us know what you find.
The Axial carbs sometimes leak where the aluminum end is joined to the composite carb body. Problem is that they sometimes only leak when they are at running temps....this of course will make tuning impossible.

Before you do anything else, you might want to make sure you installed it properly when you moved it. Loosen up the locking clamp, and press down HARD on the carb neck while tightening it back down. There's a rubber O-ring that needs to be compressed between the carb and the block to prevent air leaks and the leaning problem you've mentioned.

I checked with the carb .dunked the carb in water and checked for air leaks. But I did not find any air leaks. The carb is ok.
Now I will check with what rolex suggested . And will post he results.

That's good, remember to lower the idle speed and richen the LSN if it gets too hot or idles high.

i re installed the carb. i also sealed the carb with silicon. its all working fine now.i fixed before i forgot to install the reducer . could the problem be because of that????

The silicone is probably what fixed it. The reducer is not necessary, well i have seen one run without them anyways. I always ran the insert that came in the carb.