Needed Hop-ups for Savage 25?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I bought my first Savage, a Savage 25. It came with
- Picco .26 Engine
- Extra large aluminum cooling head
- 3 speed tranny
- Savage X receiver box
- upgraded wheels and tires
- 17mm hexes
- hump reciever battery pack
- upgraded chassis plates
- brand new Integy clutch and flywheel kit with aluminum clutch shoes
- brand new Integy wheelie bar

All for 260 shipped :D.

Anyways, what would else do I DEFINITELY need? No, I'm not talking about fuel, glow plug, glow igniter, etc. I'm talking about hop-ups.

Some things on my list:

-Roll Cage (Purple :D)
-RPM A-Arms all-around
-Buggy-style wing from New Era Models
-New air filter
-Steel gear
-A ribbed pipe (Purple :D)

That's just to start it off. Pretty much the car is RTR now. But what else should I be on the lookout for? I'll be putting it on my Christmas list (LOL that's so far away.).

Thanks!

Edit: WTF Happened to my title?! Mods, can you please change it to "Needed Hop-ups for Savage 25?". Thanks!
Edit2: Thanks jon2 :D.

Last edited:
Savage X center trans case is a definite must have with a 3 speed. Makes adjusting that 1-2 shift point painless, compared to the old style. It bolts right in. Otherwise, looks like you are well on the way. Perhaps mod the throttle linkage, and update the steering assembly to the Cam-type servo saver.

Ah, I'll definitely need that. I'll look into the mods too. Anything else? I bookmarked some things I wanted like new TVP's.

Wheelie BAR the HPI one, savages pull wheelies like no tomorrow.... Think thats all if i think of more ill PM

It did come with a wheelie bar. I think I listed it as the last one, the Integy wheelie bar.

o lol i didnt see the one...
U seem to be set man..
Oh wait how bout a reverse module. and some HIGH TORQUE servos damn those are really nice one u see the difference. dont know if u have em but the fiberglass disk break conversion or if u want the aluminum ones i think there made of are good too.
but watever u do dont get a K&N air filter they wrrck ur engine as they let stuff in, and dont get aluminum arms as they tend to bend when bahsing, and definetly no dual exhaust. They are loud and make u have no power. Thats my opinion someone else may think different but i think most of us would sya the same!!

LOL. I'm as sure as hell I'm not getting K&N filters. And the other ones. But yeah, I definitely need to Reverse Module and some high torque servos. Does the Savage use two steering servos or just one? I'm pretty sure the throttle doesn't need to be high torque.

Single steering servo on all Savage versions. You will need a standard servo (Airtronics 94102 works perfect if you have one layin around) for the reverse module. Doesn't need to be high speed or torque. You will need either a 2 channel or 3 channel radio for it. If you're going 2 channel, you'll need the version that comes with the mixer.

If you're going to fit the reverse module, now's the time to do any other trans hopups, case included.

Yeah, I think I'll get the reverse module and the Savage X case together. I just need to get some money.

Also, does anyone have a site where they have a lot of Savage hop-ups? I checked Amain and Towers, but not all the things I were looking for.
Edit: Never mind. R/C Planet had loads of stuff.

Last edited:
Back