Need Tire Glue But No Hobby Shop Here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ofna1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Need tire glue quick, but we do not have a hobby shop here. and do not want to wait to have shipped and have top pay more for shipping than what the gule cost.

You can use regular super glue that works for rubber and plastics. The thin stuff works best so it will flow around the bead.

Just make sure you clean off the bead on the tire and wheel with some denatured alcohol to remove any residue from the molding process.

I was wondering if there was any brand that was better than the other.

Not really, but I would recommend Lowe's or Home Depot for the best deal.
If the wheels are chromed, you'll also need to scuff up the groove where the tire bead sits.

The active ingrediant in tire glue is cyanocrylate. The active ingrediant in super glue is cyanocrylate aswell. If anybody was wondering.

CyanoAcrylate.
None of my glues contain aswell.:D

yeah I knew something looked wrong. Sorry guys. What, your glues don't contain aswell? They must not hold aswell :hehe: :hehe:

Found some at Hobby Lobby, for $2.99 of 1/2 oz. or $ 4.99 for 1 oz. regular, medium or thick. I got the thick, I just missed it on sale for 50% off last week. They have hobby knives & blades for 50% off so I picked some up. Love the sales they have at times in that store. Thanks for the help.

you really want the thin stuff, its way easier to use as rob said. but yes CA glue and "super glue" are the same thing. i would recommend a few of the smaller tubes instead of one big one. once i open a tube i can never keep it from getting hard in the tube.

yeah no matter how hard i try, it always gets hard.........lol

i just knew some smarta$$ would have to comment on that one... :p:

I couldnt figure out any other way to say it...:\