need some upgrade advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oo7chris

RCTalk Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Ok so I blew my transmission with reverse for the first time. I was told Foc is the way to.go. can I just buy a 4407 and slap it on my 4409? Also if I went with a new chassis what would I need other than the chassis? I have a 4409 maxx 3.3 not sure if you need any other info

Last edited:
a little more info on what you have would be helpful and will get u an answer much faster

Thanks added some more info.

Your model would be a 4909/3.3 with reverse. Easiest way would be to install the 4909 foc in the transmission you have and you would be good to go.
You could swap in the 4907 tranny but it requires a few modifications to the output shaft or the center shafts to work correctly.
If you install the foc in the 4909 transmission the only difference between it and the 4907 transmission is the diameter of the output shaft and the brake setup at the front shaft, and its usually a lot cheaper to do the repair/foc than to purchase a new transmission.

Swapping to the extended chassis would require the chassis and chassis braces with a longer front center shaft. You can use the 4907 front center shaft and mod the yoke to fit your current transmission and brake or just use the 4907 transmission and center shafts.

to the op
have you pulled the trans down to see what wrong with yet??
as snook said it is alot cheaper to buy a 4909 foc than get a whole 4907 trans and mod it to fit

Back