Need some tips on building tmaxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abigdawg

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i want to build my 95% stock tmaxx 3.3 into a monster truck that can go fast down the road and do some crawling. i want to be able to jump in water or mud ( whichever is in the direction I'm going) and continue driving.. what upgrades should i do for what i mentioned, and what upgrades should i do for overall performance..:p:

throw nitro out the window and go brushless. Nitro motors arnt meant to have water splashed on them they are air cooled and not to mention have a aluminum case which is susceptible to cracking when splashed. If your wanting to get it wet and muddy brushless is your best option. If your wanting to crawl t maxx just isnt the rig unless your doing some very light crawling. tires to big and not enough suspension travel. And the travel will make it flip super easy on the road

any recomendations? (i know, i spelled that wrong). i know of a few rigs that are 1/10 scale like axial wraiths but i want something that i can build. what should i get to build a rock crawler, then build something that can go 100 +

rock crawler not my area of expertise i dont know anything about them. But prob the easiest thing to build as a 100mph car is a rustler with a mamba monster set up. You gotta have castle's programing software for this tho otherwise all you will do is back flips

There is no way you can make a crawler do 100mph and still be able to crawl.

Sent from my XT907

any recomendations? (i know, i spelled that wrong). i know of a few rigs that are 1/10 scale like axial wraiths but i want something that i can build. what should i get to build a rock crawler, then build something that can go 100 +
Look into Axial's kits.

There is no way you can make a crawler do 100mph and still be able to crawl.

Sent from my XT907
I'm pretty sure he's talking about building a crawler AND and speed rig now.

lol. yes a crawler and a speed rig. ill have to check into that

A Axel wraith might be your best bet.. The Rig comes in a roller kit & you can put just about any setup you want in the Rig......IE different size Brushless Motors & ESC packages.... All kinds of Shock Packages.... Tires..... You just won't get a T-Maxx to do what your intentions are with the Rig...

Back