Need Some T-Maxx 2.5 advice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedtriple08

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
All have a question. I have a 1st generation t-maxx 2.5 not the 2.5R. I've built a custom pipe for it, and several other upgrades such as titanium pins, stainless screws, slipper clutch, high torque server, etc. My issue is I keep twisting my rear axles shafts. I would like to replace them with something stronger. I'd like to know what to purchase? I assume the axle shafts from the 3.3 will not work on the 2.5? Should I go with MIPS cvd's, Integy, THS, or are there other solutions that will work better? Let me know.....

Thanks...

The THS hare good quality. Also the RC Best brand off ebay have held up nice for me.

You can always use the 3.3 stock driveshafts or the 3.3 type CVD's, you just have to use the 3.3 carriers & turnbuckles to use the newer axles.

Either of version of the THS CVD's(2.5type#THS310 or 3.3type#THS320) are good, the Traxxas CVD's have held up well for me.

Don't waste your money on the soft Integy CVD's I watched a 3.3 max destroy a set in 1/4 tank of fuel.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to decide which way I want to go either THS or 3.3 route.

The traxxas ones are probably the best bang for the buck. The MIPS splined ones are the strongest

Torque seems to be an issue, have you tried loosening your slipper a small amount.

Back