Need some help guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianr2011

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just put the maxx back together after breakdown and cleaning. when i took it out for a run once it got up to about 20mph or so the rpms stopped climbing almost like it hit the speed limiter in a real vehicle. then after a while of seeing if the tuning was the issue the spur stripped and the clutch bell quit turning. any ideas what could be the problem?

Hmm if the cb doesn't turn then break it down, probably needs new clutch and bearings

transmited from a mobile communications device

ill probably do that in the morning I'm really tired of it at the moment lol i just rebuilt the entire rig I've turned enough screws today lol. but i seriously want another because there so addictive. my dad thinks I'm an idiot that i like this stuff but i just tell him hes mad because they didnt have this stuff invented when the dinosaurs still roamed lol. ill let you guys know what i find. thanks!

You could have something broke in the transmission as well causing the CB to be locked up, slide the engine away from the Spur and see if the clutch bell spins, if it spins freely, i would move on to tearing the trans down, you could have a broken inside causing it to lock up. WIth the spur being stripped that tells me that the CB is still spinning and the transmission isnt.

Before tearing down your transmission, try adjusting your shift point.

When you say the rpms just stopped climbing like a limiter on a car makes me think your carb barrel isnt opening all the way. But that wouldnt have any affect on the spur or clutch.

when i took it out for a run once it got up to about 20mph or so the rpms stopped climbing almost like it hit the speed limiter in a real vehicle.

Made me think the engine was stuttering/lean bogging.

If its cutting out then i would think thats the lean bog but he didnt make it sound like its cutting out just that its hitting a limit and plus he did say he just rebuilt the truck after cleaning it and all.

My speed limiter sounds like a lean bog in my 1:1:hehe:

Its all just assumption, unless we could here a video of it running or a better description of what its doing.