need some gearing input

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had my tmaxx since new back in 2001, from there blew the .15 two months after buying It.its had a .21 thunder tiger with 20 tooth bell and 72 main gear and the diffs and tranny are stock ooriginal. Well I'm sticking in an ofna force .28 motor.this motor it alot more powerful thrn the old TT 21. Is the current gear set up I have good or do I need to change gearing to make the truck less Torque.the rc field we drive at it pretty much a mid to tol end grass field where we fly our planes

Which chassis are you using?
22T/23T clutch bell and a 70T spur would be decent gearing for a .28 and easy to acquire.

Which chassis are you using?
22T/23T clutch bell and a 70T spur would be decent gearing for a .28 and easy to acquire.

I got the old new era model extended chassis

If you have an adjustable engine mount to move the engine a little farther toward the rear, an 1/8th scale mod 1 clutch bell combined with the traxxas torque control slipper upgrade for the black transmission combined with the Revo spur gears will give you a better clutch system (both slipper and engine) and more gearing options.

If you have an adjustable engine mount to move the engine a little farther toward the rear, an 1/8th scale mod 1 clutch bell combined with the traxxas torque control slipper upgrade for the black transmission combined with the Revo spur gears will give you a better clutch system (both slipper and engine) and more gearing options.

can you show me, cause I have no clue what those parts look like

Best thing you can do is go to traxxas web site and download the manual. All the parts are there for your viewing.