need some advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry too much about upgrading parts until they are broken. The savage is very tough out of the box. The first thing you will probably break will be an a-arm, in that case I would upgrade to RPM arms.

as stated above the savage xl is a very tough truck out of the box

just be sure to go over and make sure all screws are tight and use loctite were necessary

the only week point on the xl would be the motor, the 5.9 really aint that great but u mite as well run it till it goes but plan on getting something a little more reliable later

also u may want to invest in nice radio if you dont already have one

and hi torque steering servos are always a plus

that thats about it

have fun

I'm looking at,airtonics raido on craigslis and what brand of servo would you suggest and I'm thinking about getting a new pipe any suggestions on what to get

The stock XL pipe has been good for me so for me that would be the last upgrade. You can get a nice futaba 2.4 radio from towerhobbies.com. I would not buy anything electrical off of craigslist or ebay. Another upgrade would be to get a higher capacity hump pack. The 1200 is ok but its nice to have a spare that's charged on hand.

Back