Need some advice on driveshafts....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro4127

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am getting ready to install a picco .26 red dot into my t maxx and I dont think the stock driveshafts, both center and wheel, will hold up to the increased power. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on what kind to get and where to get them....Thanks

If you have the newer 4908 maxx, you'll be surprised how well the centers hold up. They do give eventually, though. Traxxas hop up shafts are really nice. Last time I looked(6 months or so) they didn't make centers for the extended chassis maxx's. Someone will chime in with some better help. If you have to run the stockers for awhile, a good slipper adjustment will prolong the inevitable.

i've been thinking about the red dot as well,let us know how you make out! i would suggest robinson racing steel spur gear and i 2nd the proper adjustment to your slipper,that should hopefully save ur shafts

A steel spur only sends the stress into the tranny internals and causes worse problems. Plastic spurs are fine when the mesh and slipper are adjusted correctly.

Check out my thread on the savage driveshaft mod. This will have you covered for the rear center anyway. I've had this installed with a picco p2 for the past couple weeks and it hasn't let me down yet. My stock one started to stretch out after just a few tanks.

Heres the thread
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75915

Back