need help with TMAXX3.3 shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iraxxas

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone! Well, I'm hoping to get some help here with the shocks on my TMAXX. I had a slight leak in one of the rear shocks. After repairing the problem with it, I'm now in the need of some oil. I'm over here in Iraq and it's a bit hard to come by. I've ordered some but things can take a while to arrive. Wondering if anyone might now of something I can use in place of the silicone oil that's used in it. The only thing I have on hand is some diff. oil, but I know that's way too thick. Any help to get me up and going until my order arrives will be much help. Thanks in advance.

Well, just thought I would give this one "bump" to see if anyone has any suggestions to my posting. The Traxxas shock oil should be here in about 2 weeks, but damn, I'm wanting to get this thing going. Any help out there?:help:

Last edited:
Well, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll just be waiting for the "snail mail." Thanks Rolex

yep man well is it up and running yet

I wonder if it would hurt the shock if you ran it empty? Maybe steal a drop from another one for lube. Hate to see ya not be able to rip. Anybody?

I'm up and running now. Found a guy here on the FOB that had some, so I'm good to go. It's one mean truck I have to say. I am waiting for the Big Bore Shock set to come it. Hoping it will help with the terrain here. Thanks everyone for your help. Look for more threads from me, as I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions before long. I'll get some pics up here really soon also.

Back