Need Help With LRP Spec 3 and Bouncing Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh3.3

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently installed a lrp spec 3 in my revo with the new era engine mount. The throttle linkage works fine, it opens the carb all the way and returns closed. but it only works when the engine is off or has been running for about less than 3 minutes. Then the servo wont open the carb. its like when the engine gets hot the carb stops opening. When I let the engine cool down it works fine again. I know the engine is not to lean, its actually very rich. also i have a problem with my right front wheel, it bounces at high speed and i'm not sure how to fix it. please help!
thanks in advance!

sounds like 2 different problems.

check the front right shock for oil... maybe there is none in there?

and i suggest using some coat hanger wire to make a new throttle linkage wire. it will work much better.

D9D881F6-45E8-4C6D-B23F-21B1A2836FED-3336-0000039AF908602E.jpg

EF86C36E-21F3-4B40-8A79-5905DF351302-3336-0000039AFE2E0058.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

i did have to drill out the linkage holder on each end (servo/carb) so that the thicker wire would fit but other than that bend it and make it work how it can work best. test a couple diff bends to see what suites best with your setup

Also tire might Be out of shape, make sure its round

I know its 2 different problems, just trying to work out both! Thanks for the help, I'll try the coat hanger linkage.

On your tire issue it could be sand or dirt in tire or the foam insert may be bunched up. I had that problem with my right rear on my revo and found sand all in it. Removed tire from wheel and cleaned it out run a couple of strips of duct tape around inside of tire and re glued it all back and havnt had the problem since. I also balanced all my wheels. Made a balancer out of a spare hub carrier and some board and a stub axle and use clay for balancing. View attachment 11537

Last edited:
I've been trying all kinds of linkages and servo setups, but I have finally solved the problem. I bought an aluminum throttle arm, and it solved all my problems.