Need Help: Remove Axle Carrier

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryankyut

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
had a bad landing and the axle ball popped out...

how do i remove the axle carrier? i can't find any how to's

also broke the shocks, thinkin about changing all 4 shocks, Any suggestions?

img0339ui.jpg

img0342kt.jpg

img0340s.jpg

lol i think I'm being too hard on my tmaxx, constantly doin 5 feet jumps

You will need to use an allen wrench or hex driver and unscrew the pivot ball from the a arm. then remove the wheel hex and pin behind it, unscrew the turnbuckle from the carrier and thats it.

Need to buy a new axle Carrier It's broken and missin plastic it will just pull back out if you try to put it back together with it broken like that.

i know, i was just havin a hard time removing it

Whats wrong with the shocks?

if u look closely at one of the shocks, the plastic bottom part shattered.

btw this middle part of the axle carrier is really hard to remove! i got everything unscrewed except for the middle part seen in the pics

img0356wc.jpg

img0357jh.jpg

the wheel hub should just slide off and theres a pin behind it that just slides right out then the axle should just slide ride out of the bearings.

All you need is a new spring retainer, the rest of the shock looks fine.

img0358g.jpg

remove which one? i apologize for the noob questions, I'm just not good with tinkering with tools

I believe C should slide off the shaft.and theres a pin behind c through the shaft, which just should slide right out after C is off.Then the carrier should slide right out through the bearing.C doesn't screw off of the threads on the axle.

Last edited:
Lol I seriously was tryin to turn it with a torque wrench.

Thank you all. off to towerhobbies lol

i can give ya names but if you dont know what is what names wont mean a thing right?

i think i got this one.. lookin at the exploded view of the parts at the traxxas site

love this forum, THANKS ALL

Back