Need help on identifying SUPER TIGRE X engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevycamaro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have got a model hydroplane kit at a garage sale for about 100$. The engine that came with it says SUPER TIGRE X on one side and on the other side, it says MADE IN ITALY. The problem is, is that I can not find it anywhere on google. I need help determining this engine. I have provided pictures below. I appreciate any help for people trying to help find this engine.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes I saw that one. It’s close but the text doesn’t have that many lines in it. I can not see the image very clearly so I don’t know what it says, but there’s more text on the google image one than my engine.

Could it be a pre production model or even a knockoff fake Super Tigre? I’m not sure at this point.

i do think the head is on backwards, it looks like possibly a super Tigre X## mk1, from what i can tell comparing pictures. though the adjustable exhaust outlet is throwing me off, unless it was an add on, i never really got into the aircraft side of things with RC.
might be worth measuring stroke and bore to get the size, on the later ones it looks likethey stamped the size into the little circle, but dont know if that was a later thing or not

i do think the head is on backwards, it looks like possibly a super Tigre X## mk1, from what i can tell comparing pictures. though the adjustable exhaust outlet is throwing me off, unless it was an add on, i never really got into the aircraft side of things with RC.
might be worth measuring stroke and bore to get the size, on the later ones it looks likethey stamped the size into the little circle, but dont know if that was a later thing or not
Yea I do believe the head is on backwards, but that’s just how I bought it. And yes I saw some pictures of some that looked similar but they had different text but, I also saw the number stamped on the circle.

No super tiger history timeline:( Unlike Os engines.