need help.......busted fuel tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is there a glue that i can use to fix a crack in my tank till i can get my aluminum guard and new tank? I hit a rock and cracked it.

I have used a hot glue gun to fix a very small hole, it lasted a few days, then I got my new tank.

I would think if it's much of a crack, you will be down.

been there done that.. and way tired of the half tank lean.. So we went to a mid tank.. now its a completly different truck...

raewgqergq4.gif

636b61f2.gif

Does anyone have a link to the "Mid Mounted Tank Mod"? Looks to be a great idea..

SKIP said:
been there done that.. and way tired of the half tank lean.. So we went to a mid tank.. now its a completly different truck...

raewgqergq4.gif

636b61f2.gif
Damn Skip you have changes the whole layout of that rig. I see you have moved your electronis to allow the Mid tank mod. Pretty trick! I am sure there are others that are interested in your mods. Can you post any info up for our members?

Great job!!

you can fix it with a soldering gun and some plastic from the splash guard.

just check it when your done for leaks i have done it to many tanks at the track when i was in a bind, if pics arent descriptive enough jsut ask and ill explain what to do

Picture324.jpg

Picture321.jpg

here is somethign to do so ur tank doesn't wobble as much and helps it from cracking when smaking the tvps off jumps also:

Picture332.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture325.jpg

jon2 said:
Damn Skip you have changes the whole layout of that rig. I see you have moved your electronis to allow the Mid tank mod. Pretty trick! I am sure there are others that are interested in your mods. Can you post any info up for our members?

Great job!!

Did a write up/installation for the guys that want to run these TVPs.. So I posted it here. Take a look and see if theres enough info there for ya... :)