need engine tuning help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptNitro

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys, I am kind of new to nitro so this question might sound insane. I was wondering when the temp and humidity are high, do you lean or richen your nitro motor, also do you recharge your Hot Shot 2 glo starter every day even though you only use it a few time a day? any info will be appreciated!!

Steve

If you recharge your battery it depends on what type of battery you are using. If it's a NiCD then you should fully discharge it and charge it fully each time it hits the charger. If it's a NiMH battery then you can charge it whenever you feel like charging it.

When it is hot and humid, the air is lighter. This means you get less air into the engine for the mix. To compensate, you should lean the engine.

The problem with this, is that there is a crossover point where you can lean it too much and the performance starts to suffer as the lean condition and the high ambient temps cause the engine to overheat.

How do you fix that problem? Well you need to richen it a bit.

Confused yet? Here's the scoop. Lean it until you have it dialed in the way you like it, and then richen it about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. You will not get the super duper best performance that the lean setting gave you, but you will keep the engine alive and still have plenty of power.

You get confused turning on a light switch...so, I am not surprised.

Thanks for the info, i just got on this forum, so any info is appreciated. I will try your suggestion skymaxx and see how it works

Back