Need Bashing Buddies in Hudson Valley, NY for Fun or Club

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Ryan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Looking for people to bash with or create a club near Yorktown skatepark or Cortlandt skatepark.

Welcome in Matt, if you don't have Google Earth Pro then I would definitely download it. It's free and it's a great tool to use to find places to run. I use it often when the wife and I go camping, the crawlers are always with us in the camper... :)

Looking for people to bash with or create a club near Yorktown skatepark or Cortlandt skatepark.
Look for local RC clubs on FB. If there is anyone into RC local to you, they will usually be on there. They arent always easy to find though. I found the one thats local to me by searching for Arrma stuff, and found some posts from guys that were local.

Welcome Matt. Indiana here, so can't help ya. I second the FB group idea. I just hate FB, but the groups part of it is ok. Good luck!

Welcome in Matt, if you don't have Google Earth Pro then I would definitely download it. It's free and it's a great tool to use to find places to run. I use it often when the wife and I go camping, the crawlers are always with us in the camper... :)
Thanks for the pro-tip. I’ll definitely keep it in mind. :)
Look for local RC clubs on FB. If there is anyone into RC local to you, they will usually be on there. They arent always easy to find though. I found the one thats local to me by searching for Arrma stuff, and found some posts from guys that were local.
Thanks. I do have a couple hobby shops, one of which I bought my X-maxx from. Even though it’s a large population in the area there are unfortunately very little events, groups, or communication resources from these shops. The only FB group in the surrounding area (40 minutes one way) is a dedicated race track called Barnstormers. Went there, but most of the participants I spoke with don’t bash. I then decided to work on trying to create an every other “Sunday Bash” with my local parks and recreation since a niche could be filled, but they ghosted me after a couple emails. I’ll keep looking, but I really appreciate the reply 👍👍

Last edited:
Thanks for the pro-tip. I’ll definitely keep it in mind. :)

Thanks. I do have a couple hobby shops, one of which I bought my X-maxx from. Even though it’s a large population in the area there are unfortunately very little events, groups, or communication resources from these shops. The only FB group in the surrounding area (40 minutes one way) is a dedicated race track called Barnstormers. Went there, but most of the participants I spoke with don’t bash. I then decided to work on trying to create an every other “Sunday Bash” with my local parks and recreation since a niche could be filled, but they ghosted me after a couple emails. I’ll keep looking, but I really appreciate the reply 👍👍
While i second @WickedFog's comment about disliking FB, in this instance, it can be useful. Where i live, there isnt a shop for at least 60 miles, and you rarely, if ever, see anyone out with RC stuff, but, since so many use FB, i decided to give it a shot. Another idea, make a public post on there and see if anyone replies. You never know, you might get lucky. Like you, one of the biggest issues i ran into was having a hard time finding people who werent all about racing, to the point where i not only posted on FB, i also made fliers and put them up is a couple grocery stores and a few gas stations, and set up a group on FB, then found out there was already a group, so i just closed my group and joined theirs. It took me about 6 months, but, if you are persistent, you should get somewhere with it, if there is anyone around you that does bash. N.Y. seems to be all about racing for the most part.

Used to be in Hudson valley a bit north of there. Currently in norwalk, ct about an hour away. Usually bash at calf pasture beach skatepark near me now. Not sure id jump an xmaxx there, 6s notorious is a bit too heavy and powerful for that. Usually use the stampede.

Small track at gallimods hobby shop should be close to you near Mahopac/ Baldwin place. Don’t think they’ll let you use that there or you’d want to. 1 or 2 jump and a couple turns.

At a swap meet yesterday everybody wanted to know the same thing. One guy says rc madness in mass is cool but maybe over 2 hours for you.

I used to mountain bike in the dead zone preserve area around Stewart airport. Some jumps scattered around but a big area with horses and hunting so you’d have to walk far for 1 jump and wander for more. May have been at least one spot with a figure 8 and couple jumps but I didn’t rc then and wasn’t hitting jumps.

Think it was from the ‘back’ parking lot looking in, then to the right there’s a paved road that goes downhill, big turn at the bottom. After that turn to the right there’s some main trails then off those around there might be more jumps close together. No promises though.

I’d do a ten mile loop on the bike and wasn’t even half the park. Think there’s dozens if not 100 miles of trails in there.

I might meet you at a skatepark but I’m a bit far and not super reliable.

You can find YouTube videos of mountain bikers at Stewart.

I was going to suggest the flyer thing at grocery stores and such as well. If you put a big picture of a well known RC car on there, anybody into RC cars will likely be drawn to it like a fly to 💩

Craigslist would be another good place, as people search their hometown for listings. Make sure to put your hometown (or the closest big city) in your description. That way people searching for anything and everything in that town or city may see your listing.

Put up flyers for an event. Call it Bash Day Out or something. Just make up an event like it's a really big deal lol. Spiff it up. Stick them on cars in parking lots, telephone poles, etc. Then go there with your RC's and wait.

I hosted "Stangs in the Park" and rented a park pavilion here one time. I posted it on a message board advertising grilled food, fun, and a cruise afterwards. And we ended up with 20 completely badass hopped up Mustangs from up to 300 miles away. Only mine and one other were local to the event. It was amazing.

The next time I did something I rented US41 Drag Strip in Montecello Indiana the weekend after Nationals ran there. I just called them and reserved the day. I did that a month and a half in advance, with no idea what was about to happen. By the time the event took place I found a partner, and we had 100 Mustangs show up that paid $30 each to run the track all they wanted that day. We also had thousands of dollars worth of prizes sponsored by a few different race shops like Art Carr, UPR Products, and a few others. On top of that we gave away I think $1200 in cash prizes for best in various classes. And I still paid for the track out of the entry fees which was $1400 I think.

While i second @WickedFog's comment about disliking FB, in this instance, it can be useful. Where i live, there isnt a shop for at least 60 miles, and you rarely, if ever, see anyone out with RC stuff, but, since so many use FB, i decided to give it a shot. Another idea, make a public post on there and see if anyone replies. You never know, you might get lucky. Like you, one of the biggest issues i ran into was having a hard time finding people who werent all about racing, to the point where i not only posted on FB, i also made fliers and put them up is a couple grocery stores and a few gas stations, and set up a group on FB, then found out there was already a group, so i just closed my group and joined theirs. It took me about 6 months, but, if you are persistent, you should get somewhere with it, if there is anyone around you that does bash. N.Y. seems to be all about racing for the most part.
Thank you for your feedback! I am awefully hesistant for personal reasons using FB. I know that it has some benefits with groups, but it's going to have to be plan Z before I ever go back with a profile on that platform. I do realize that will make it harder for me to reachout. I like the idea of making flyers. I may look into doing that. It can be rather tough to find the extra time to do be the leader of a new group knowing that I can do it (two kids - 5 and 2, very supportive wife, dog, and a 3 hour round trip commute to the LES of NYC every day). I would try to find a place in the City to play with the truck, but the city has become a place I want to be around less and less, you'll know what I mean if you have seen some alternative news reports (I can vouch for a few of the unsavory situations happening on the streets, let's just say the last one involved calling 911 the other day because someone was standing on the top edge of a 20 story apartment building arms out contemplating their life). I digress, I will probably also keep combing these forums and others to try and find people and groups. I'll see if Dread Pirate Notty above and I can find a locale that somewhere inbetween. :)

Keep in Touch
👍👍
I was going to suggest the flyer thing at grocery stores and such as well. If you put a big picture of a well known RC car on there, anybody into RC cars will likely be drawn to it like a fly to 💩

Craigslist would be another good place, as people search their hometown for listings. Make sure to put your hometown (or the closest big city) in your description. That way people searching for anything and everything in that town or city may see your listing.

Put up flyers for an event. Call it Bash Day Out or something. Just make up an event like it's a really big deal lol. Spiff it up. Stick them on cars in parking lots, telephone poles, etc. Then go there with your RC's and wait.

I hosted "Stangs in the Park" and rented a park pavilion here one time. I posted it on a message board advertising grilled food, fun, and a cruise afterwards. And we ended up with 20 completely badass hopped up Mustangs from up to 300 miles away. Only mine and one other were local to the event. It was amazing.

The next time I did something I rented US41 Drag Strip in Montecello Indiana the weekend after Nationals ran there. I just called them and reserved the day. I did that a month and a half in advance, with no idea what was about to happen. By the time the event took place I found a partner, and we had 100 Mustangs show up that paid $30 each to run the track all they wanted that day. We also had thousands of dollars worth of prizes sponsored by a few different race shops like Art Carr, UPR Products, and a few others. On top of that we gave away I think $1200 in cash prizes for best in various classes. And I still paid for the track out of the entry fees which was $1400 I think.
Thanks for all the supportive feedback! That's really an awesome thing you did for your community! :) I definitely feel capable of setting up events like this, but at the moment I really only have enough extra time to go out for an hour or so on a Saturday or Sunday every other weekend. I don't want to bore you with the details again, but if you haven't seen them I responded about them in @biggman100's post.

Keep in Touch
👍👍
Used to be in Hudson valley a bit north of there. Currently in norwalk, ct about an hour away. Usually bash at calf pasture beach skatepark near me now. Not sure id jump an xmaxx there, 6s notorious is a bit too heavy and powerful for that. Usually use the stampede.

Small track at gallimods hobby shop should be close to you near Mahopac/ Baldwin place. Don’t think they’ll let you use that there or you’d want to. 1 or 2 jump and a couple turns.

At a swap meet yesterday everybody wanted to know the same thing. One guy says rc madness in mass is cool but maybe over 2 hours for you.

I used to mountain bike in the dead zone preserve area around Stewart airport. Some jumps scattered around but a big area with horses and hunting so you’d have to walk far for 1 jump and wander for more. May have been at least one spot with a figure 8 and couple jumps but I didn’t rc then and wasn’t hitting jumps.

Think it was from the ‘back’ parking lot looking in, then to the right there’s a paved road that goes downhill, big turn at the bottom. After that turn to the right there’s some main trails then off those around there might be more jumps close together. No promises though.

I’d do a ten mile loop on the bike and wasn’t even half the park. Think there’s dozens if not 100 miles of trails in there.

I might meet you at a skatepark but I’m a bit far and not super reliable.

You can find YouTube videos of mountain bikers at Stewart.
Thanks for the local and regional feedback from the area! You're right Gallimods still has the small track, but its not really conducive for running the big stuff like the X-maxx. Also, the shop owner John is really friendly and a very fair businessman, but he didn't have much in the way of suggestions for places to bash or locals who club together.

RC madness is unfortunately too far. :(

Going directly to Norwalk would be a stretch for now. Calf Pasture on Google Maps looks really cool! I did some more research on Google maps, but there seems to be a desert of skateparks between Yorktown and Stamford. I'll keep looking to see if their are places inbetween so we both would have a fair commute to meetup. Let me know if you find anything and I will follow-up if I find anything. Also, my reliability really depends on if the kids are doing something on the weekend and the weather status.

Let's definitely keep in touch!
👍👍

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback! I am awefully hesistant for personal reasons using FB. I know that it has some benefits with groups, but it's going to have to be plan Z before I ever go back with a profile on that platform. I do realize that will make it harder for me to reachout. I like the idea of making flyers. I may look into doing that. It can be rather tough to find the extra time to do be the leader of a new group knowing that I can do it (two kids - 5 and 2, very supportive wife, dog, and a 3 hour round trip commute to the LES of NYC every day). I would try to find a place in the City to play with the truck, but the city has become a place I want to be around less and less, you'll know what I mean if you have seen some alternative news reports (I can vouch for a few of the unsavory situations happening on the streets, let's just say the last one involved calling 911 the other day because someone was standing on the top edge of a 20 story apartment building arms out contemplating their life). I digress, I will probably also keep combing these forums and others to try and find people and groups. I'll see if Dread Pirate Notty above and I can find a locale that somewhere inbetween. :)

Keep in Touch
👍👍

Thanks for all the supportive feedback! That's really an awesome thing you did for your community! :) I definitely feel capable of setting up events like this, but at the moment I really only have enough extra time to go out for an hour or so on a Saturday or Sunday every other weekend. I don't want to bore you with the details again, but if you haven't seen them I responded about them in @biggman100's post.

Keep in Touch
👍👍

Thanks for the local and regional feedback from the area! You're right Gallimods still has the small track, but its not really conducive for running the big stuff like the X-maxx. Also, the shop owner John is really friendly and a very fair businessman, but he didn't have much in the way of suggestions for places to bash or locals who club together.

RC madness is unfortunately too far. :(

Going directly to Norwalk would be a stretch for now. Calf Pasture on Google Maps looks really cool! I did some more research on Google maps, but there seems to be a desert of skateparks between Yorktown and Stamford. I'll keep looking to see if their are places inbetween so we both would have a fair commute to meetup. Let me know if you find anything and I will follow-up if I find anything. Also, my reliability really depends on if the kids are doing something on the weekend and the weather status.

Let's definitely keep in touch!
👍👍
An idea for a club, see if anyone else, if and when you find others that are like minded, might be willing to help share in the running of it, such as, help with planning days for get togethers, or, even informal throw together meets. Its how the group i am in is. We all make suggestions, and, basically have it set up as a, come if you can, kind of thing. One of the guys in our group does the flyer thing from time to time, and he will just put a location, day, and time, and basically see if anyone shows up or not. Another idea, what about putting a flyer at the shop you mentioned? As for NYC, i have friends that live there, and i have seen how bad it can be, so i try to limit the time i spend there as much as i can.

Back