Need advice for Humpback conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaeJae

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Looking to upgrade to a humpback battery....curious to know what I need to complete the converstion; i.e. connectors/harnesses. Methods of charging; seperate charger?
Anyone have the Venom 6V 1600mAh NiMH Hump Receiver Battery? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

The venom pack is nice but the lead wire is too thin. I like the duratrax 1700 a little bit more due to having thicker wires. I just plug my pack in and unplug it when I'm between tanks on my rc's and I only use the switches in my MGT and savage XL because they're still stock.

what is it going in?

the TMaxx 3.3 (4907)

---------- Post added at 7:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:37 PM ----------

The venom pack is nice but the lead wire is too thin. I like the duratrax 1700 a little bit more due to having thicker wires. I just plug my pack in and unplug it when I'm between tanks on my rc's and I only use the switches in my MGT and savage XL because they're still stock.

I assume you have to use an adapter in order to plug it in the Rx?

Only for it to reach. I believe all the NIMH packs come with universal connectors so they work with every radio system. Some like HPI are specific and may need to be trimmed to fit other receivers.

I have a Venom hump pack and haven't had any issues with it. I also have a couple of Ofna's and 2 Stickmans. I made sure to get the Traxxas TRA3034 wiring harness so that I could charge the battery in the truck. I have those on all my cars so the battery doesn't need to be removed to charge.

where is the best place to buy the hump packs, ebay doesn't really have a great selection is there any good website deals that u guys no of?