My tribal lid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I liked how lesson has done before and after pics of painting so I thought I would too....

Got my design drawn on. Prolly clean up my lines alittle bit and then get some mask on it, hoping to have 3 coats dried by tomorrow night so I can cut it and then spray it.
Might add some to it though, I have a hard time leaving it with one or two designs on it, I like a bunch lol.
003-136.jpg

004-122.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually not positive yet. I thought about doing black then doing the tribal in black but with the tamiya flat clear....net sure though

Looks sweet man. Flat black with gloss black tribal would be sick. Although I remember flat black looking like gloss through the shell....

Looks sweet man. Flat black with gloss black tribal would be sick. Although I remember flat black looking like gloss through the shell....

Yeah thats true. This isnt flat black though its a flat clear to make any color flat. I'll have to experiment on a scrap first though. Good chance it will still look gloss because of the plastic.

It will look clear through the lexan. I could almost guarantee it. I did a flat light gray on my stock car lid and it looks great although pics don't really show it. I used ultra fine steel wool km theoutside of the shell with light pressure. I masked off windows with clear llasti dip spray as it is very durable and will.hold up to the steel wool and still give a clean line. However tale would probably work just fine since I only used ultra fine..

Thanks for the tip Josh. I'm not sure yet if I am gonna do flat yet or not. I never can make up my mind until I'm painting lol.

Well here she is....

I decided to not do tribal on the sides but try a cracked effect I've been messing with, came out pretty good in my opinion. I think Ima do an entire body like that next.

003-137.jpg

005-94.jpg

006-79.jpg

007-72.jpg

I like that effect. I've kinda gotten away from using affects but I plan on using more with all the painting I'm doing this year. How did you achieve that?

I put some Tamiya candy blue in the fridge for about 2 hours so it was hella cold then sprayed it right in the middle of both sides real close to the lexan just one pass. It spread apart just like I was hoping it would then I just went over it with silver, then back it.

And thanks!

Thanks bro!

Thanks Randy!

Thanks HPIguy!

lookin great. hopefully with my new airbrush and learnin tricks off you guys i can be in contention for painter of the year for 2011 :p lol [SIGN]VOTE ME[/SIGN]:hehe:

Get on it! and thanks.

003-139.jpg

004-123.jpg

Back