my tmaxx wont start someone help me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx513

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello can someone help me.when i try to start my tmaxx 2.5 with ez start the starter stick lights up green for motor but when i put it on truck to start it the only light that lights up is the glow plug light the mortor light does not it will not start

Ditch the blue wire and get a separate ignitor when funds allow. In the mean time, do what bergoff said. To test your plug, take it out, attach the blue wire, touch the side of it to the cooling head and crank the engine over. If it doesn't glow, it's either bad or you have a bad connection. Make sure the battery is making a good connection in the wand and that your battery is good and charged as well.

Last edited:
Yeah the yellow wire. I agree with Matt on the glow plug wire. I ditched mine and bought a glow ignitor works much better your ezstart will last longer.

I had a problem with my wand, it would allow the ez start to work but would not heat the glow plug..
best thing i have done to the truck was get rid of the ez start:D
I now have a glow plug ignitor and roto-start backplate..
it weighs less and starting is a piece of cake now..
HIGHLY recommend seperate ignitor and a roto-start backplate:)

theres a short in the harness, or your handheld unit is bad... most likely, the handheld is bad. PM me if you need a new one, i have several i haven't used

dont pay any attention to the lights on a ez-start. i tossed my ez-start bat. set up to power the ez-start hand wand from your street truck batt. it is good ONLY if you can get close to your bash/race area. i have an instruction set. [email protected] this mod may not be for everyone.

hello i have a question for anyone to awnser i have a t maxx 2.5r and my motor shuts down when it gets hot.

Sounds like it's lean and/or has an air leak. Start a new thread. Search tuning and sealing using the search feature.

back in the dark ages my dad told me to check the easyest/cheepest things first., ignition, fuel, compression. close to the best advise i ever got.