My TMAXX UPDATE ( It Runs! )

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinGalusha

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, So I got that SIRIO .18 Up an running pretty strong! The issue with it at the moment is that I cannot get the Idle Screw to adjust one bit, I can screw it All the way in, or all the way out, and doesn't make a darn difference. So I am thinking I am going to take apart the carburetor and clean it.

Then I can get the darn thing to shift into second gear at all. I am not sure what to adjust at this point with the transmission. Any Takers?

:hehe:

then the TMAXX I have with the .15 has a blown 1 way bearing. But I have a 2.5r but I loaned it to a friend since his is garbage, so my other truck is out of comission for the week.

Don't waste time trying to adjust the trans shift point while you're still trying to get the carb in tune.
When you try to adjust the idle, you need to have the trim on the Tx turned all the way down. If the LSN is too lean you'll still be running too high of an RPM. You need to find the balance.

Ok, Now it's ALL TUNED and running nicely. But still rides out the 1st gear and does not shift to 2nd gear. Where can I start with this?

If you've never adjusted a trans before, look at your manual just to get familiar with the process. Inside the rubber cap are 2 grub screws, one in the center locking the gear to the shaft, and another one off center. That one adjusts the tension on the centrifugal cog that locks into 2nd gear.
If you treat it like a clock and it's now on 12, backing it counter clockwise to 11 would be earlier, making it shift earlier. Once it shifts, and you know how it's done, you can fine tune it to your liking.
Just back it a little each time and test run it. If you back it out too far you'll end up opening the trans to get it back together.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

If you don't have the manual, go to rcdocuments.com and download it. Also if I remember correctly, the 2.5 owb will not work in the .15 engine. Or were you referring to putting the whole 2.5 on the truck? In that case, I believe the 2.5 is a slide carb and won't work with the
.15 linkage set up.

I'm running all 2.5 linkage setups. Everything is converted to 2.5 except the engine. I will test the transmission today.