My t maxx has no power

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli3635

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I just to my truck running again it ran well for a couple laps. Then I noticed when I gave it power the truck moved very sluggishly. I can hold my maxx with my pinky and give it full gas and it does not go. The engine sounds great but I have no power. Anyone have any Ideas how I can fix this ??

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

One more thing when the truck is completely off it does not roll. It doesn't seem to be the clutch. I checked that first.

check your slipper clutch the gear on the outside of the tranny, and then maybe your clutch bell clutch if it isnt the spur... If those 2 things arent it let us know and some more ideas will roll!!

I appreciate the help. Hey I just checked the clutch bell and slipper clutch and they both seem to be ok.

if its off and doesn't roll that only leaves the brakes since you say the engine sounds good (as long as the transmission turns like it should)

Let me correct myself. The engine sound ok but you can definitly tell something is not connecting. The engine make a hollow sound. I've checked the slipper clutch, clutch bell, and brakes and they seem to be in good working condition. It seems like ther is no pressure but I'm not sure. I am still pretty new at this.

My truck has the same problem, you may have to take apart the tranny to fix it. The problem with that is it might take a few hours to get the truck apart.

---------- Post added at 5:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:13 PM ----------

I read the owner's manual and it says on page 25, "Be carefull not to loose the adjustment screw too muchor you may cause the screw and spring to fall out (requiring major disassembly and repair)." So, it looks like you have a big job ahead of you.

Do you still have reverse? As traxxas 25 was touching on there are times where you may go from reverse to forward to fast and shear a pin in the tranny causing the car to run fine but it wont engage any gears

i have had the same problem and it was that the pin in the 2 speed drive gear had gotten sheared due to me having set the slipper clutch way to tight

Back