My sons Rustler is done

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syphon68

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My 9 year old has had his Rustler for about 2 yrs now and it is his first true RC, It started as an XL-5 but those parts are long since gone:) Every time he needs a new body he says it is time for a new version of the rustler. It can be a 60 mph street shredder on 3s and street tires, or a fun rig at a track depending on which tires he chooses. This time he wanted something off-road and more of a mud bogger so after wipping out Dad's debt card this is what he ended up with. I helped him with the masking but for the most part he chose the colors, tires, and painted it himself.

Original beaten body - first one he ever painted

56716[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0872.jpg

new body

56718[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0873.jpg

Body off

56720[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0874.jpg

We also fabbed some off-road lights last night for him

56722[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0879.jpg

Dark shot

56724[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0878.jpg

He wanted the Badlands because of this truck:)

56726[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0876.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0876.gif
    IMG_0876.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 90
looks nice there is nothing better than getting to enjoy some bashing time with your son.

Thanks we are gonna hit the BMX track later so we will see how it holds up:)

As soon as he started hitting the jumps at the BMX track I noticed that the paint was coming off his wing and I checked it out and he forgot to pull the clear cover off before he painted so the plastic was coming off. I was laughing my ass off and he was like why are you pealing my paint job off:) Oh well he can repaint the wing this time with the plastic off:hehe:

It must put a ton pressure getting those big ole front wheels turning with no power behind them...... looks good though.

It must put a ton pressure getting those big ole front wheels turning with no power behind them...... looks good though.

Yeah when it is setup this way it is mainly for mud and the slower technical stuff. He put it in Newb mode (1/2 power) and took it down by the creek since it is waterproof and had fun articulating over the rocks and through the water. He has been telling me for a while that he wants a crawler but since it is my money I think a scaler would be better:)

Back