My RS4 - 3 near done !! finally !!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Almost done my ride, gonna be rdy to race her come april ..

These are the upgrades so far, need a few more thing to make her complete

1. Graphite upper deck + front and rear shock towers
2. Rear universal drive shafts + front MIP CVD's
3. New clutch shoes + springs
4. 2 speed transmission
5. NovaRossi .12 engine + new aluminum header
6. O.S CV.12tr Exaust silencer (polished)
7. slide carb throttle linkage set
8. Venom Failsafe
9. Flatpack cell + quick charger for all my Battery packs.
10. new shock springs (pink for rear, Blue for front)
11. diff oil + shock + adjustable tie rods all around
12. bearings for steering on its way + sway bars
13. Primeless fuel tank
14. new airtronics MX-3 FM Radio + extra reciever for my savage
+ other little things that i can't remember right now lol

Hope to have her up and running by the weekend, ill post some pics as soon shes together:)

Any other upgrades or suggestions pls feel free to add

Hope this gives ppl an idea of some of the upgrades available for there HPi RS4-3

sry bout the long post but i couldnt help myself lol

get some pics of it! my 3ss is near completion waiting on the last few parts to arrive,being impatient sucks! ohhh they sell alota aluminum for this car!:OMG:

jones4u think i picked up the same novarossi as u, model #CX12Ps2 side exaust and pullstart.
Is that the engine u have? and if so what do u think of it?? ez to tune?? Race worthy?? cause i have been having seconds thoughts and may exchange it for something else, its only rated @ 1 hp :(
anyone else running this engine?
Also does anyone know anything about the Nitro Star Pro 12R XS (Shaft version) rated @ 1.35 hp I'm thinking of exchanging my rossi for this mill?? lol not sure what to do , it is a Rossi !!

no I'm running the OS 15cvr,I personally like the OS but can't say that I've heard anything negative about the novarossi!

Scratch the NovaRossi from the list, i exchanged it for a Nitro Star Pro 12R XS rear exaust. Not sure if it was the right move but i feel better about the Hpi engine then the Rossi model i chose (side exaust with pullstart 1hp). The Nitro Star is rated @ 1.35 hp. + i picked up an OFNA 1/10 - 1/8 Heavy Duty starter box which i will be using l8r on when my Ofna Hyper Pro pcr gets in. post some pics once my ride is back together

Back