my rc runs on its own

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetKing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok today i got my rc running for the first time and right after i started it' started running and i grabbed it before it ran off. i have no idea what made it do that. Please help:whhooo:

Did you turn the transmitter on first? Do you have a failsafe? What model is it? Need more info man, otherwise we're just guessing.

Idle could be too high, servo not getting a signal, stuck, bent, or missing linkage...

Is it a nitro or electric?

Definitely turn the radio on first and off last ever time!

Mark

Its a nitro traxxas t maxx, the electrics are on before i start. the way i stopped it from running is using the brake. ez start, when i pinched the fuel line to stop th engine it continued running for about 30 sec

I think the carb is set really rich for the break in process, you'll take care of the engine tune as you go through. I would check the clutch spring. That type is a headache. It's probably broken and allowing the shoes to engage the bell. Look around for the clutch upgrade and do it soon before you nickel and dime yourself to death. Upgrade it even if you find it intact. Good luck!

I think it might be rich because it spits fuel and the exhaust is is blue(traxxas fuel). Is this a good explaination why is keeps going

Being rich is why it's blowing fuel and blue smoke, but that would not cause it to take off as soon as you start it. If anything, it makes it difficult to start and bogs down when applying throttle. And, while you go through the break-in process you want it too rich for added lubrication. You'll tune it as you go. Being too lean can cause it to want to pull away during start-up. My Tmaxx had a broken clutch spring out of the box and I broke many on a regular basis until I upgraded it. The throttle trim may be too high too. Check throttle trim and if it's ok, you'll need to look at that clutch. :)

check your throttle trim and make sure you didnt reverse any of the switches on the transmitter.. and the clutch behind the clutch bell..