My pullstart string snapped =[

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1014

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought the raze today. from duratax. it's my first nitro rc my local hobbiest told me raze would be best. I got it running, was breaking it in. fourth tank of gas. the pullstart string broke. what had I done wrong? =[ I called the company their sending me a new one. what could I do to prevent it from happening next time? warantee doesn't last forever! lol

I think I pulled it to fast? or hard? or maybe to far? Please suggestions and tips. I', new to these things! haha any information would help a lot.

after run oil - is it a absolute need to use it?
Aftermarket parts?
Tips?
Tricks?
hehe. thank you very much everybody I'll be looking forward to reading yoru responses!!

I also have AIM if anyone would like to talk to me about it.

Burtonrider8907 is my aim screen name.

Thanks again
~Andrew:D

All i know is whith a pull start on a nitro, you dont pull long and hard pulls, just short fast pulls.

yea dont pull it like a lawn mower, you need to use short fast pulls. ARO is a must, if not your engine will rust up inside.

i personaly would not have suggested you buy a duratrax, there OK but not near the quality of a higher end RC.

as far as hopups, that another thing, duratrax doenst really have the aftermarket support others do.

as far as tips, follow the breaking to a T it is VERY important. And when your not driving, cleaning, fixing, or admiring it. be reading on here. you will not find more knowledge in one place. welcome to the addiction!!

but please dont let the lesser quality burn you out. and dont get frustrated if you break it. that is part of the hobby.

haha thank you guys very much. I'll run down to the hobby shop on monday after work to grab some ARO. =]

As far as perfection on speed and such. this is my first nitro car ever. so It's very satisfying for me. I had drawn a crowd at my old school. al lthe kids were like. OH MY GOD HEHEHEH LOOK! haha so it made me feel better about it.

^_^ what do you suggest should be my next car? and price range? lol

Back