my new wheel/tire set up...gearing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xucco.x8

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my Axial 8 Spokes and Imex All-T tires just arrived and I noticed they are smaller than the stock LST2 set up (white dish and ATX)

Am I ok with stock gearing or do I have to adjust for the smaller tire set up?

Just noticed the Losi Sub...please move. Thanks

2011-03-02202755.gif

Last edited:
my Axial 8 Spokes and Imex All-T tires just arrived and I noticed they are smaller than the stock LST2 set up (white dish and ATX)

Am I ok with stock gearing or do I have to adjust for the smaller tire set up?

Just noticed the Losi Sub...please move. Thanks

You'd be fine, as long as you don't mind it going a little slower... the amount of change depends on HOW much smaller the new ones are... exactly how much different are they?

You'd be fine, as long as you don't mind it going a little slower... the amount of change depends on HOW much smaller the new ones are... exactly how much different are they?

You mean slower top end right?

Here is a pik.

2011-03-02220836.gif

You mean slower top end right?

Here is a pik.

no, I mean slower all around. here's a more extreme example of this: When your 1:1 car runs in 1st gear, it's slow, but more powerful than 3rd. now, that small of a size change in the wheel wouldn't be a HUGE difference, but you could probably notice it if you were trying. even if it was to make a larger difference, it wouldn't harm the car to run it, and then if you feel like you need to, you can change up your gearing. no harm done. :)

oh, and sick wheels, btw. :D

cool...thx lmao...I just wanted to make sure and not burn anything out! Imma glue them up this weekend and see how it runs. btw...should I tape these baby's?

what would you be taping? like, the inside of the tires or what? I've never heard of taping tires in any way, I know you fit the foam insert, then glue the tire on. What are you taping?

[SIGN]I'm Confused[/SIGN]

yes the inside ...you flip the tire inside out , clean it good with alcohol and put a few layers of tape ....

i have used pieces of fabric glued with ''shoe-goo''

i read that duct tape does not stretch so it will stop it from balloning

next set up on my list are these...they look big (btw, not my truck)

Picture4.gif

i read that duct tape does not stretch so it will stop it from balloning

next set up on my list are these...they look big (btw, not my truck)

Picture4.gif

those look nice! I'm still running on my stockies. I like the wheels that came on my car this is it...

these are the same, but mine are blue, instead of red....
51C819-Nitro-4.jpg

yeah i like the tires do you think you i could pull a wheelie with those 7.5 inch wheels heres a pic of the gst next to my first ever truck a redcat racing 1/8 scale earthquake 3.5 lol
2011boatandcengst77092.jpg
[/IMG]
i like the looks of the tires on the car you showed r they blue like the engine in the back

Last edited:
You will more than likely want to gear it a bit taller. There are a few ways to do it.

I believe the stock bell 19/26, but it may be 18/25.

Ways to adjust gear ratio:
1) Buy LST1 threaded bell and get rc-monster pinions (easiest, most direct)
2) Do the gear flip mod inside the trans, not sure, but you may loose reverse and require a FOC to do it. (like adding roughly +1 to your bell)
3) Get LST XXL outdrive gears for your trans. Can't remember what the differance is, but I believe it's +1 or more compared to the bell
4) Get the high speed spurs and bell

I did 1 and 2 since I was running smaller aftermarket tires on my aftershock, like you are. I was also running an LRP28S3 which is a more gutsy engine than the stock 427, so it could pull taller gearing. Pretty sure I had the gear flip mod and +3 RC monster pinions. So similar to +4 over stock gearing.

Back