My New Toy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got it in a trade I made today...radio and all. Little thing is pretty quick too! The R.O.S.S. System is AWESOME!

P3160017.jpg

P3160018.jpg

P3160019.jpg

It's used....and needs a little work. I think the previous owner has never had an RC before. The idle was UBER high...the tires were barely glued on....just minor crap. He wanted to get into 8th scale...so I hooked him up with an XRay 808 Buggy RTR with an FM Radio I had kicking around and a bump box....he gave me the 10-T with Spektrum Radio ;-)

I can't wait to track test it! lol

I probably will. No class to race it here. I figure I'll fart around with it a little....then let someone else play with it. We'll see. Maybe I will love it and end up keeping it! hehe

Damn, I want one. I think a 1/10th class for truggy would be perfect. It could be a lot cheaper class with just as much speed, maybe more in the right hands.

If this handles anything like a small 1/8th scale....it's gonna ROCK. lol I'll report back after I drive it Saturday ;-)

Yup. It's a .20 mill! 3.4ccs from what their site says. Only drove it for a minute in the driveway last night. Seems to have some getup and got to it...but it's LIGHT. Very light. My 4 year old carried it into the house for me using 1 hand. lol

I would have driven it longer, but the front wheels had no foams....or glue on them. I fixed that last night. So maybe tonight I'll rip around the yard a bit with it. hehe

I absolutely HATE the battery box setup on this thing though. The LIPO only really fits inside the cover since the ROSS controller is in the same box, and just really cramped in there for such a big battery box. I'll get used to it, and luckily they have an external charge lead, but still need to balance it....so gotta yank it out.

Nice ride you have there. They have one at my LHS and it looks like a downsized version of the 8t 2.0. The dx3s is awesome. That starting system is great also, he started it from like 10 feet away while i was next to the 10t, i thought it was possesed. Once gain, great looking truck, also let me know if you part it out. I like that radio setup. ;)

hehe You guys fight over it....I'll go drive it!

Well I managed to burn a tank through it last night in the front yard and on the street. The tune is still a bit out of whack down low but OH MY GOD! This little engine RIPS! I mean seriously.....it's @ the same speed as the .21 running my 1/8th scale Truggy.....yes it is slower....but it surely doesn't feel like it's MUCH slower at all. Ballooning the tires at WFO.

This thing should be a blast on the track Saturday.

The jury is still out on the ROSS system though. I mean it's convenient as all hell, but the RX/starter battery is only a 1000mah LIPO. So tuning it and what not...I killed that pack pretty quick and then the ROSS system wasn't spinning fast enough to fire her back up. Not sure a bigger battery will even fit in the box either....but when she's running just WOW!

For a stocker engine...I expected it to be semi-slow but still fun....I was WRONG! lol

Ditch the ross, I never would have fired it up with that pos on it. Find a cheap bump box for it.

+1. Losing some weight would probably benefit a truggy a little more than a mt I would think. They don't have the weight of big, floppy tires slapping around.

If I were gonna race it...the ROSS would already be removed. I figured this would be a cool every now and again rig though...and the idea of the ROSS system kicks arse. Plus I can just hand it to my other half Jen and she doesn't need to know anything except "push this button and go drive". That's a pretty handy way of getting people into Nitro ;-)

Yes, the ROSS system is pretty Idiot proof. Hell, i played with one yesterday. That 3.4 when it's tuned is a beast. Truck weighs nothing. I picked it up, i could have swore it was like 8-9lbs.