My new toy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I traded an old laptop I had bumming around for this sweet looking OFNA Ultra MBX. Brand spanking new OFNA .26 Engine in it as well. The guy ran it one day to break it in and that was it. I could swear he took this out of the box and handed it to me it's sooooo clean! JR Servos in here as well.

Now I just need a radio for it.... It's always something!

So does it look any good?

http://picasaweb.google.com/spouliot/OFNAUltraMBX#

hell yeah!!! as long as the laptop wasn't worth an ass load of money you got a nice rig for sure!!!

I had the laptop up for sale for $200.......but I expected to get maybe $150 for it tops. It was a 1.56Ghz Centrino Tablet PC that had seen better days cosmetically...worked great, but all scuffed up and stuff.

He had a brandy new TC3 he wanted to trade me, but didn't find anything in my stash he was into. hehehe Now as far as a radio goes....I can pretty much go buy any 2 channel Radio/Receiver combo and be good to go right? He said there was a receiver in it already, but I would have to get a matched radio for it? Not sure how all that radio stuff works just yet!

I had the laptop up for sale for $200.......but I expected to get maybe $150 for it tops. It was a 1.56Ghz Centrino Tablet PC that had seen better days cosmetically...worked great, but all scuffed up and stuff.

He had a brandy new TC3 he wanted to trade me, but didn't find anything in my stash he was into. hehehe Now as far as a radio goes....I can pretty much go buy any 2 channel Radio/Receiver combo and be good to go right? He said there was a receiver in it already, but I would have to get a matched radio for it? Not sure how all that radio stuff works just yet!

Just make sure the transmitter is on the same frequency and channel as the receiver in the buggy.

BTW, looks like a heck of a deal to me! :thumbup:

So I swapped the TX and RX from my Warhead to the buggy....all I can say is WOW! This little damn thing SCREWS! SCREEEEWWWWWSSSS! I had so much fun I may just sell the Warhead and keep this as a solo car. lol

You know, if it weren't for BAD luck...I would just have NONE! lol I was just polishing off the first full tank of fuel when I got caught up on a branch in my front yard (hiding in the pine needles) and the truck stalled (or ran out of gas since the tank only had a few drops left anyway). I run over there and find that the pull starter is just GONE. I don't see it anywhere in the yard...but it's gonezo.

Man O Man. I guess I'll just buy a Roto Start backplate for it...since I already have the starter! lol

I'm a beanhead. That's the ultimate problem. The previous owner said he only ran 4 tanks through it, so I ran without the body on it. Looks like the T on the Pull Start (the end that ya actually PULL) was flapping around and the exhaust pipe melted it off. lol So still crappy luck, but my own fault it looks like! I'm just going to order a Roto Start backplate since the pull start backplates appear to be on backorder almost everywhere.

Those tires are great. I have a pair on my 8ight buggy. They're perfect for the conditions at the track I run on. Amazing grip.

I only put one tank through it, but this thing RIPS with those sneakers. Just about roosting in dry grass and ripping up the pine straw in my yard with some nice roost. They turn in a hurry too. I was rather amazed, granted my only comparison is the Warhead, but still I didn't expect THAT much of a jaw dropper.

Nice clean buggy, if you break any parts I have a ton that will fit it. I'll make you a good deal. Roto is a good idea, the pullstart breaks the body over time.

What do you mean "if" i break it? I'm a n00b RC guy.....it's a definite that I'm going to break stuff. haha He did give me a few spare parts though, including a brand new Aluminum clutch with springs and some clutch bell bearings. He gave me the box the engine came in filled with NIP parts so I was pretty stoked. Now to wait for the Roto Start back plate...since the pull start is on back order.

Back